Backup camera picture wobbles when hot

Anyone experiencing the display for the backup camera going bonkers with a wavy and wobbly screen?

This just started happening as it has gotten warm outside- near 100 degrees.  It only seems to happen when the car is parked for an extended period and the rear of the car has direct sun and gets heat soaked.  Once I drive for a while and backup- it resolves itself

Last afternoon I testing this out after your post. The camera was in full sun for 5+ hours at 105-112 degrees, and it didn't show any anomalies when I tried it out. This is one of the first Fords with a backup camera that I haven't had issues with.

My 2015 Fusion it is currently not reversed, so things on the display to the left are actually on the right. Usually it is blue screen, static screen, or "no signal" displayed.

My 2017 Escape it somehow started showing the entire license plate and bumper and only a sliver of the ground behind, never would show another cars bumper, for example.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE-  Confirmed that my suspicion about this being caused by the heat proved to not be the case and verified by those who live where it is REALLY HOT.

Now-  the camera will not intialize- just come up with warning to watch the suroundings, -or- a blue screen both of which are followed by a pop up message box that the camera is unavailable.

Several YouTube videos with trouble shooting tips that I used to narrow this problem to either the camera or a connection.

There is an excellent YouTube video on removing and replacing that I will follow once I get the replacement cam.

Thanx for everyone's input.  I will report back with my anticipated success once the daytime temps drop below 110.s

• Like 3