Remote start key for 2010 Edge

That remote start system was a custom added option (usually they are included with the vehicle and the dealer installs it, but for the 2010 Edge it is installed at the factory it appears) for your year, and there is no integrated solution, you can't get a 5 button IKT (Integrated Keyhead Transmitter) key to replace your 4 button one and have the remote start button work.

There are cheaper places to get a replacement for both, but be aware that with only 1 key, you will need to visit the dealer, or a locksmith to program in that second key, not just getting it cut. Since the remote start is a separate module, that is done separately and requires finding the override/programming button.

There are also aftermarket remote starts that use the factory key (you either press lock 3 times, or you alternate lock-unlock-lock) on the factory IKT. I didn't know I had one on my 2015 Fusion until my daughter was trying out the global window close and pressed lock button 3 times instead of lock, then hold lock until they started closing. They do seem a lot more pricey for the 2010 Edge than for cars I have looked for them in the past.

This is an OEM fob if that's what you're looking for. (Battery not included). $31 +(1) CR2032 battery + shipping.

https://www.keylessentryremotefob.com/ford-edge-oem-4-button-key-fob-oucd6000022/

The OEM fob's for remote start (there are three types) are all discontinued.

You may be able to find a used on on Ebay.

Edited by enigma-2