Portable CD player, 2019 Edge

Breez

On 12/14/2022 at 12:37 PM, akirby said:

They won’t work.  

??? Isn't that the purpose of the USB ports, to be able to plug in a media audio device? Are you staying that, say one of these, won't work?

https://www.autopartstoys.com/products/apt-usb-cd-player-2019-2020-ford-edge-compatible-radios-8-3-3-will-not-work-with-extension-cable-aptusbcd01-fd-2

I tried a few different ones on my 2017 Escape out of curiosity, because the bluetooth adapters that emulate a thumb drive didn't work either, and nothing worked. I had these for other reasons and borrowed one to try as well. My Escape had SYNC 3 and a CD player (which I hated that it still had), but music on a thumb drive works as expected. I am beyond happy to not have to deal with optical removable media in a car. While I generally use CarPlay or Android Auto and stream, or on those rare 15 minute occasions I don't have internet access on my cell phone.

14 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

??? Isn't that the purpose of the USB ports, to be able to plug in a media audio device? Are you staying that, say one of these, won't work?

https://www.autopartstoys.com/products/apt-usb-cd-player-2019-2020-ford-edge-compatible-radios-8-3-3-will-not-work-with-extension-cable-aptusbcd01-fd-2

I’m saying the usb port doesn’t support analog audio input like you’d normally find on a cd player.  It wants digital storage or a digital playback like a thumb drive, ipod or phone.

Some new one like the one you linked might have a digital interface so those might work but I wouldn’t count on it.

Using a USB flash drive is just so much better.