2021 Ford Edge - Forward Camera stop working after 5/13 Sync update.

Hi everyone, I recently bought a 2021 Edge Titanium, and yes, I'm facing the front camera issue. I start the car, it works fine, but after driving for a bit and slowing down to below 15 kmh, or when in P or D, it just won't turn on. I'm noticing here that an OTA update has fixed the issue, but I still seem to have it. I think I have an old version of Sync 4 (I have 4.0.22028, rev 358). I have automatic updates on and I'm connected to wifi or my phone's hotspot, but there's just no update coming through. 

Is there any way to solve this issue ? I called Ford's In Vehicle Technology department, but they said there's no update for my VIN yet. Seems strange, because the OTA update that fixed the issue came out sometime in 2022 if I'm not mistaken ? 

I took my 22 SEL in Saturday for regular maintenance and they told me there was a PCM recall/update to do with driveability they would go ahead and do while in.  I told the service guy that since the last Sync update, I lose my rear camera and sometimes the stereo is off completely when I start it and it takes a good mile or so down the road until it powers on.  I showed him pics of the vehicle in reverse with a black screen and no working camera.  This has happened at least a dozen or more times.  Also the bluetooth is glitchy playing music and using the hands free phone it drops audio and is very choppy. 

On 9/6/2024 at 6:39 PM, John S said:

Yes the update you referr too did fix the problem. You may want to try a reset with Ford Tech support, and be sure you are running the latest software "Ford Power-Up 4.2.4

Thank you, will do just that ! Hope they can update it and get that damn camera fixed. :)