8F35 Fluid Change Tips

colinc755

11 hours ago, colinc755 said:

When I’ve done it no more than .2qts, it’s all about how much you filled it in the first place. If you see nothing at all that usually means it’s too low. 

Yes, I just let the hot extra fluid coming out at the leveling port. It is about 6 oz (.2 qt).

Edited by atulo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just drained mine and 3.5 liters came out. I am having trouble with the snap ring. I tried to start filling the transmission but only a little bit went in, and the rest leaked out because I didn’t remove the funnel thing that is blocking it.

11 minutes ago, Wubster100 said:

I just drained mine and 3.5 liters came out. I am having trouble with the snap ring. I tried to start filling the transmission but only a little bit went in, and the rest leaked out because I didn’t remove the funnel thing that is blocking it.

You miss this from colinc755:

"Once that is done, filling the transmission is not as simple as removing the top plastic cap. You must also remove the funnel that the cap rests in because Ford placed a piece of plastic in between the cap and the funnel, blocking any fluid that tries to enter. To remove this you must get a pair of needle-nose pliers and pinch in the snap ring and pull up on the assembly. This window that the pliers can fit in is incredibly tiny and removing this funnel will take a lot of patience. Once the funnel is removed, keep track of that plastic piece that sits inside it. You can now fill the transmission with fluid, I would recommend trying to match what came out and add .25qts-.5qts to it (this is because if you pour too little fluid you can't add anymore without removing everything you just removed). "

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have the details on removing the air cleaner/filter housing for a 2019 with the 2.0? I hate to be stuck on step 1, I just am not able to find the mounting points (and not prolonging the pain that is completing this task...).

Never mind, once I got the snorkle unbolted it became obvious it was just press fit into rubber donuts, and pulling up harder released it. Now to the rest of it!

Edited by dabangsta
  • Like 2