ST vs Sport airbox

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I haven't seen it. I have a 2015 sport with the 2.7 EB. I've been watching for any intake offerings since I purchased the car. Recently I discovered that AFE makes a complete airbox for the 19-20 edge ST. Just wondering if anyone knows if the airboxes are interchangeable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Meh700r said:

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I haven't seen it. I have a 2015 sport with the 2.7 EB. I've been watching for any intake offerings since I purchased the car. Recently I discovered that AFE makes a complete airbox for the 19-20 edge ST. Just wondering if anyone knows if the airboxes are interchangeable. 

The part number for the OEM box is the same for both. But this doesn't mean the space where the box fits is the same. So even if the OEM box fits in both, the AFE airbox might not.

The edge in general is somewhat ignored by the aftermarket, but as a DSM owner, I can assure you it's far from forgotten.  The AFE works and even if it sealed with the hood I still would buy the lid for it that they sell.  There's a ton of heat in these engine bays.  

There's still good parts being developed and more that you can get made yourself if you're thrifty.  Turbos, built trans, intakes, exhausts, several different tuners, E85 conversion, etc. Plenty for 600whp if you want to put the time and money in.  

• 2 months later...

I ordered the ST airbox from AFE and installed it in my 2017 Sport today.  The cover they make is actually only pre-order and won't be Available til October.  They are actually out of this intake completely and said orders are 10-12 weeks out.  Alas, there are still websites that have some, and some available on Amazon.  I went to home depot and bought some heat resistant plexiglass type stuff (was $5), cut it to size with a tool they sold (was also $5), and made a little gasket out of 30lb gorilla double-sided tape to hold it in place.  Then I went around it w a couple layers of electrical tape to ensure its seal and security.  Pretty happy with it so far, not loud at all (especially compared to the KN CAI i had in my 14 edge sport).  Ill be happier when they send my blue (oiled) filters that have a couple hundred cfm better flow.  Anyways, it fits great.  You'd be nuts not to have a lid of some sort w how hot these bays get..

20210721_201500.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 7:37 AM, Meh700r said:

Check out this thread, the V3 air box will be available soon and it will fit your 2015 2.7EB Sport. 

1317774457_IMG_8601copy.thumb.JPG.1b772be882d83b2de25dfc401c5cb151.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1