Still like my '19 Titanium... BUT...

2FAST4U

I got my '19 Titanium earlier this year (July) and it replaced my '16 titanium with the V6 engine. While I love everything about the car (looks, comfort, ride, etc…) I'm having a very hard time to get used to the 4 cyl engine . It buzzes like if I was driving a Hyundai Accent or any other cheap small car… The sound of the V6 was more pleasant, smoother too. Day after day while driving my Edge, I regret not getting a ST just to have the V6 engine (even if it has the all-black trim making it look like a base model which is THE reason why I chose the Titanium). Anyone else here feels like I do?

Claude.:cry: 

Going to a Sorento 2.0 turbo from an Acura RDX V6 I know exactly how you feel. While the Sorento was a better vehicle in almost every way, the RDX V6 was silky smooth where the 2.0 turbo was coarse and sounded like a .......like a 4 cylinder.

That has all been remedied with my Nautilus. The 2.7 TT is smooth as can be and pretty quick too.

2 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

I got my '19 Titanium earlier this year (July) and it replaced my '16 titanium with the V6 engine. While I love everything about the car (looks, comfort, ride, etc…) I'm having a very hard time to get used to the 4 cyl engine . It buzzes like if I was driving a Hyundai Accent or any other cheap small car… The sound of the V6 was more pleasant, smoother too. Day after day while driving my Edge, I regret not getting a ST just to have the V6 engine (even if it has the all-black trim making it look like a base model which is THE reason why I chose the Titanium). Anyone else here feels like I do?

could always tune it. then it would be faster than a stock sport/ST. might ease the feeling a bit

8 hours ago, cv27 said:

Salut Claude,

You're saying that even driving with Sports mode on, you don't get satisfaction with that 2.0 turbo?  I know it's not a Hemi, but it still moves.

I think you should be looking at a Tesla or a Lucid ?

Joyeux temps des fêtes

Claude my friend…nice to hear from you!… What I meant in my initial post is that I love everything about my Edge…but it's just that I have a hard time getting accustomed to the "buzzing" sound (or feeling) of the little engine which seems to be working hard when I "step on it" compared to a bigger engine which gets up to speed effortlessly. All my life I've had big engines in my vehicles (350, 440, 454, turbo V6, a 7.3 and now a 6.4 liter diesel, etc…) . Now I'm 67 y/o and this is my first 4 cyl engine and it's quite a contrast for me when compared what I've had in the past. But don't worry...like I said in my initial post, I still love my Edge:love_shower:... It's probably me getting old!... :hysterical:

Joyeux Noel et Bonne Année !

Claude. :hi5:

th.jpeg

Edited by 2FAST4U

23 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

Can you "tune" these?? … I agree with you that it would help "ease the feeling" especially if it makes it faster than a stock ST! :2thumbs: 

Claude.

yes, livernois 2.0 Tuning, gives you 218hp/314tq at wheels, which is way better than the 204hp/237tq it baselines at. Pretty good numbers since the 2.7TT is a slug in stock form at 225hp/315hp at the wheels. 

20 hours ago, handfiler said:

Claude, It's not impossible for the 2.0 to be modified to make more maximum HP & TQ than the 2.7 TT. It's just not going to happen with the stock turbo and a canned tune. And even if it were possible the 4 cylinder transmission wouldn't be able to handle it. 

it def can handle putting down better numbers than a stock 2.7TT. There are big turbo fusions running around making way more power on same transmission

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:04 PM, 2FAST4U said:

I agree 100% Claude. I love my '19 Titanium also, but would like more power. I didn't get the ST for the same reasons. I didn't want 20" Black

rims, black interior, or the trailer hitch. My Titanium rides better than my '17 Lincoln MKC, but I miss the power of the 2.3 (285HP) of the Lincoln. I also miss the Brown interior, but settled for the Ceramic perforated leather on my Titanium. 

3 hours ago, mrmikesdeuce said:

I agree 100% Claude. I love my '19 Titanium also, but would like more power…. settled for the Ceramic perforated leather on my Titanium. 

Mine's all black (inside and out) but… with all the chrome trim I could get! :2thumbs:. On the picture below, it has it's original wheels but I also have some 22" wheels and tires which I had on my previous Edge and that I'll put on next spring. The chrome wheels should really "pop" against the black!

Claude

DSCN5836.JPG

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, goatee said:

I have had 2 Edge Limited's with the V6 and loved both of them.  I personally think the 4 cyl. is too small for a vehicle this size and don't like the noise it makes either.  Rotary gearshifter is also a huge turnoff.   

Yeah… my '16 Titanium had the V6 in it and I loved it… but now that I've had my '19 Titanium for 7 months I'm ok with the 4 cyl. engine's performance and it's different (from the V6), typical 4 cyl. noise… I find it "peppier" than the V6 in stock form…. but... I bought a programmer to put some "performance tunes" in it… :spiteful:  Can't wait to see the difference they will make!  As for the rotary shifter well, I'm ok with it. :thumbsup:

Claude. :salute:

Edited by 2FAST4U

17 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

Yeah… my '16 Titanium had the V6 in it and I loved it… but now that I've had my '19 Titanium for 7 months I'm ok with the 4 cyl. engine's performance and it's different (from the V6), typical 4 cyl. noise… I find it "peppier" than the V6 in stock form…. but... I bought a programmer to put some "performance tunes" in it… :spiteful:  Can't wait to see the difference they will make!  As for the rotary shifter well, I'm ok with it. :thumbsup:

Claude. :salute:

Claude

Please report back on those "performance tunes". I may be 75 years old, but would still like to have more power.

I know when people arrive at my house because I can hear V6s and I4s when they pull in the driveway.  You can't hear the exhaust, you just "feel" the rumble created of the lack of firing events.  

Never forget rolling around in a manual trans 1990s Civic with one cylinder out, and 5 people in the car.  You could clearly feel each cylinder firing as we took off from a stop on an uphill.