New 2019 Edge Titanium...Service Protection Plan?

Cold Forged

I just committed to purchasing a new 2019 Edge Titanium due to the excellent Black Friday Incentives.

I have yet to decide on a Ford Protect Extended Service Plan, but feel that it might be a good idea considering all of the advanced electronics in new vehicles.  

Can any fellow Canadians advise on which plan would be the most cost-effective if I plan on keeping the vehicle for at least 7 years?

What are the costs in CAD$ associated with the various plans?

Thanks in advance!

When I bought my 2016 titanium, I took a protection plan that was quite expensive (over $2,000 if I remember) and I never really "used" it for any claim or any work to be done on my vehicle so when I bought my 2019 this year, they were asking around $4,000 for a similar plan so I decided to pass...

Claude.

Edited by 2FAST4U

Thanks Claude...I was hoping for something under $2000!

I would rather not have to pay for a new Transmission that fails just out of warranty...Ford's record with DCT/Select Shift Trannies is not so good (at least on older models)

P.S.  You have two of my favourite muscle cars in your garage!  I only have enough room in my garage for the Edge and a 2018 Road King ;)

3 hours ago, Cold Forged said:

I would rather not have to pay for a new Transmission that fails just out of warranty...Ford's record with DCT/Select Shift Trannies is not so good (at least on older models)

P.S.  You have two of my favourite muscle cars in your garage!  I only have enough room in my garage for the Edge and a 2018 Road King ;)

"Cold Forged", this is my third Edge (1-MKX and 2 Edges) and none of them ever required any  transmission work.The only thing which happened was that the dealer replaced the "ptu" on my MKX (bought used) very likely because the previous owner never checked (much less changed) the oil in it… Luckily, it was still under warranty.  But for my two Edges bought brand new, I never had any problem.

Claude. ;)

P.S: Thanks for the nice comments about my muscle cars (see below)! :spiteful:

John-Scotti-All-Out-2015-34.jpg

DSCN5658.JPG

3 hours ago, Cold Forged said:

missed you asking about the trans....we are running 12.2 @ 115.19 on the edge....no trans or PTU issues.....just change the fluids regularly.  

Edited by Special_K

7 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

When I bought my 2016 titanium, I took a protection plan that was quite expensive (over $2,000 if I remember) and I never really "used" it for any claim or any work to be done on my vehicle so when I bought my 2019 this year, they were asking around $4,000 for a similar plan so I decided to pass...

Claude.

Since you only owned your 2016 and never used it then that is a good thing! I think 3 years would have been covered under the Original Warranty right?

The OP is keeping his for 7 years which is a good estimate as to how long we may keep ours. I am leaning towards purchasing the warranty as well.