2018 Ford Edge

PD1340

New to this Forum  but not to Ford. I have always had a Ford truck since 1987. Currently have 2001 Mustang Cobra and a 1994 Mustang GT Convertible. I am a auto mechanic and in 1997 my wife and I bought our first new car. A 97 Toyota Camry. I really wanted a new Taurus but in 96 Ford ruined them in my opinion. The Camry was a much better looking car and I hate to say it better made. Kids came and we needed more room. At the time I was working at a Ford dealership and realized the Windstar was not very reliable so we bought a new 2000 Toyota Sienna. Traded in in 2008 for another Seinna which I we really ended up not liking. In 2011 we traded in the 08. The 11 van was great never any problems. Well the kids are grown up now and we no longer need a mini van. In 2017 my Mom purchased a new Edge and can't say enough good things about it. So my wife and I went shopping for a Edge and we found a 2018 SEL with AWD and pretty well equipped. Got a great price on it because it's was a left over with no miles. Only had it a few days so far and can't believe how well it drives and is pretty powerful even for a 4 cylinder. It's no speed demon but we have our Mustang's for that. Anyway the build quality seems exceptional and I impressed with how far Ford has come in the last 10 years or so. I hope the reliability will be as good as Toyota because deep down inside I really bleed Ford blue.