2015 Edge Sport Rattle from Trunk Area

bcip

I recently purchased a CPO 2015 Edge Sport and love the vehicle except for a rattling noise coming from the trunk area. It seems to be from under the rear seat or behind the seat and of course was not there during the test drive. I removed the cover over the spare tire area and the styroform forms around the spare tire to see if anything was loose, but nothing obvious. Any thoughts?

5 minutes ago, bcip said:

I recently purchased a CPO 2015 Edge Sport and love the vehicle except for a rattling noise coming from the trunk area. It seems to be from under the rear seat or behind the seat and of course was not there during the test drive. I removed the cover over the spare tire area and the styroform forms around the spare tire to see if anything was loose, but nothing obvious. Any thoughts?

Here you go....

https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/26352-rattling-noise-coming-from-subwoofer-panel2015-edge-sport/?tab=comments#comment-196528

I tried the solution in the reply, but the noise was still there. I had my daughter sit in the back seat to listen for the noise and when she was on the passenger side, the noise was less. when she moved to the driver side, the noise went away. that explains why I did not hear it during the test drive because my son was sitting in the rear.

So any additional thoughts on how to permanently eliminate the rarattling noise, since I assume it will come back eventually.

ah, you have hit upon one of the things that drives me absolutely bonkers about my 2016 Ti; rattling.

here's what i have found:

- the rear seat itself makes noise at the places where it is held in place. the two latches towards the front plus the hooks towards the back.

- some electrical connectors under the rear seat rattle.

for the first, i have jammed material between the seat and car body and i wrapped the hooks in tape. the tape is not ideal as it wears and needs to be replaced which is happening now.

for the connectors, i zip-tied them tighter.

i really like this car but the squeaks and rattles are simply unacceptable to the point where i feel like getting rid of it.