Hello from McMinnville Oregon: 2019 Edge ST owner

EliRider

Just purchased the new 2019 Ford Edge ST Ruby Red with the 401A w/ Cold weather package from Colvin Ford in McMinnville, Oregon. McMinnville is in the heart of Oregon's Willamette Valley wine country were we wanted to semi-retire drinking wine, playing golf and riding my Harley.

I traded in a 2016 F150 Lariat Super Crew (blue jean) which we really enjoyed for this rig as we wanted a smaller AWD crossover performance SUV. Ok, I wanted the performance ? and the Edge seems slightly larger than a crossover. One of the primary reasons we stayed with Ford was our local Ford service dealership as it was a journey to drive an hour to have our cars serviced that kept us from enjoying more wine. Colvin Ford has been fantastic so staying with Ford was an easy local choice for us. We were amazed how comfortable the F150 Lariat was for long trips but it was difficult for my wife to maneuver due to it's length. So we felt that the Edge ST could be a comfortable travel car for longer trips. So we will see.

As I get a few more miles on the car, I'll post what I think. So far very pleased with the performance and reasonable interior features. Transitioning from the F150 console to the Edge Sync 3 was extremely easy which made understanding all of the newer features straight forward. No complaints so far although at this price point for the ST it would have been nice to have a improved interior. 

In my early days use to have a variety of Ford products which I was fairly pleased with but had a negative service experience in a nearby town which turned me away from Ford for many years. But that is all now behind us as we recently returned back to the Ford family and very happy. Glad to see the Edge ST community grow and look forward to hearing everybody's experiences with this next level of performance class SUV. I think Ford did good.