From an Edge Sport to a Edge ST

Blue Bomber

I switched my 2015 Edge Sport for a 2019 Edge ST.

The new Edge ST drives excellent and the eight speed transmission which replaces the six speed makes a world of difference. On the negative side Ford has cheapened some aspects of the new model over the old example: there used to be a small change draw left of the steering wheel now it has a closed cover, also I noticed the rear passenger doors feel lighter but I am assuming that is a playoff to get the extra horsepower.
Either way all and all I am very happy so far and definitely feel the odd small changes are not in anyway putting me off driving this powerful and over the top safety featured SUV.

Happy and safe motoring to all.

Mitchelltango_face_smile.png

(AKA The Blue Bomber)

PS. I couldn't wait for the sportier brakes package to come out but short of that I took the 401a including the winter package with 21" wheels

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Blue Bomber said:

there used to be a small change draw left of the steering wheel now it has a closed cover

If you still have the 2015, I believe it is a simple swap. 

On the other hand, how do you feel the power difference between the two? 

Also, how are the LED head lights at night compared to the HID on the 2015 (assuming you had factory HID)? 

Hi Omar302

It was a simple swap. As for the power you definitely feel a difference in the sports mode, they are both powerful vehicles  but I feel the eight speed transmission is much smoother drive, the Sport is more raw, more like driving the the F150 the engine came out off.

The lights on the 2015 were barely livable but the ST are 100% better, it's like 'day and night' (pardon my pun!) the difference.

Having said that I still only have 750 miles on my clock so maybe in another couple of thousand miles I will have much clearer thoughts on how the ST manages a NY/NJ winter!

• Like 2