2016 Ford Edge Problem! Help!

Lena Solla

I just bought a new 2016 Ford Edge Titanium. I drove it only 5 miles after purchase and it broke down. It only had 49 miles when it broke down. I took it back to Ford and asked for a new one and they would not exchange it. They did not do the proper inspection and have horrible customer service. They said it was the fuel relay switch. Does anyone have this problem? I am trying to go through the buyback process because the car still shakes randomly but of course they are not "diagnosing the problem" while it is in service. I bought the car a week ago and I only had it 2 days. Ford corporate also did not do anything about it claiming the contract is between the dealership and me. Any advice?

Welcome Lena, sorry to hear of the problems you are having! Is it the 2.0 Ecoboost engine or the 3.5? Very possible it is due to poor fuel quality. Turbo engines are more sensitive to that.

I assume they checked for any codes the PCM may have set? That is usually the first step in diagnosing modern engines.

It is a 2.0 ECOBOOST engine. They already replayed a fuel relay switch. I am just worried that I will continue to have problems with the vehicle. It feels shaky sometimes and I am beginning to think I just got a lemon. I know two other people who loved their EDGE.

Is there any commonality among the events? Such as speed, cruise vs acceleration, roads, flat vs incline, etc? Any unusual sounds/smells?

I believe it takes at least a minimum attempts at repair before the lemon law comes into effect. Check the laws in your state. Document everything.

Most important though, look up dealer ratings online, find a good one to go to with your repair concerns. Let them have a go at earning your business.

Go test drive another one on the lot and feel for any differences. Stuff like this is hard to diagnose over the internet because straight 4 engines will have some vibrations if you have traditionally come from other engine configurations such as straight 6, v6, or v8's. Check local state laws. Some states allow consumers up to 3 days to change their mind. Ford u fortunately is correct as the contract is between you and the dealer. And yes tell us more about the civration issues. Do you have auto start/stop?