Potential new owner from Memphis, TN

scubaru

Long story short I travel for work and have had a 2016 Ford Edge Titanium as a rental vehicle for 5 weeks now and feel in love. I started looking at new or preowned Edge's and have found my calling. From what I want out of the car I'm pretty much set on the Sport package as that v6 pulls like nothing I would have expected out of an SUV, the HIDs and the panaramic are a must and everything else is just a nice touch. Lets hope this happens sooner rather than later!

That 2.7 does really feel great when in Sport mode.

But take your time and make sure you get yourself in the right one. So far I'm happy with my '15 Sport. The only negatives are a few rattles/squeaks I need to trace down. But beside that, the Edge has been a great vehicle for me.

I have an SEL 16' and with how quiet the vehicle is there is one rattle that has started that I first thought was a blown driver door tweeter. I cannot figure out where it's coming from and it's driving me nuts.

Isn't all the time but is much louder when music is up which leads me to believe something inside the door is rattling from the vibrations. Make it stop!!

Check the sunglass holder and make sure the visors are clipped. I've had several cases where the noise sounded like it was in the back seat area but it was actually a loose visor or rattling sunglasses. Can be very tricky.

Also check the rear seat belts. Ours rattles against the C pillar if it gets turned sideways.

My cup holders don't squeak unless I have a plastic bottle like a 16 oz. wTer bottle. It's just a little too loose and wiggles against those nubs.

My biggest is this door/tweeter noise. To Akirby's point I checked all those other places, but then remembered I can hear it even when car isn't moving if music is on. Leads me back to the speaker itself or the speaker vibrations causing it. I have bass about 3/4 turned up and am listening at about volume 8-12 when I can hear it. I've tried fading it completely up to that door and it's still there and away from that door and it goes away