FNG from Cincy

zillafreak

Joining to find any info about issue with the 3.5 and ways to make it better/faster.

Looks just like our old 2008!

The best power upgrade is to trade it in for a 2016 2.7LEB Sport. ;)

If that's not an option then a SCT or similar tuner is the only way to add any real power and that will require premium fuel to handle the advanced timing.

Welcome to the forum & Edge ownership, zilla, congrats on a very nice looking ride! This is the Limited trim level? AWD/FWD?

This is the SE (base) model. Only FWD. They had some limiteds, but I didn't want to pay for them. Went there looking at buying a cheap focus as the DD, but it was sold so I got this instead.

Looks just like our old 2008!

The best power upgrade is to trade it in for a 2016 2.7LEB Sport. ;)

If that's not an option then a SCT or similar tuner is the only way to add any real power and that will require premium fuel to handle the advanced timing.

I am use to premo fuel, had a Maxima before this that was recommended premo fuel. Also use to have a couple V8 taurus, you could run 87, but you noticed the major drop in power from it.

Edge > Focus anyday, except for mpg's LOL! You had Gen 3 SHOs?

Had a couple of them. Know all about welding on the cams. Even did it with the engine and everything in the car once.

Also had a Gen2 V6 with a 5sp.

Got my first ticket with one when I was in high school. Got wreckless Op for doing a burnout in the parking lot when leaving school.

LOL! So, speak the truth, how many tickets are we talking in your portfolio? :whistling: The MTXs were/are like to be pushed hard, for the most part, never did a burnout in one though.

Yeah, I wish the V8's had had a bit more power to them. But the engine bay still looks great, and there were some nice improvements in suspension. Bits and pieces from the Gen 3 make the Gen 2 SO much better!

LOL! So, speak the truth, how many tickets are we talking in your portfolio? :whistling: The MTXs were/are like to be pushed hard, for the most part, never did a burnout in one though.

Yeah, I wish the V8's had had a bit more power to them. But the engine bay still looks great, and there were some nice improvements in suspension. Bits and pieces from the Gen 3 make the Gen 2 SO much better!

I lost my license before I was 18, had just the ability to drive to school and work.

I did a burnout the the V8 auto when I got the ticket.

My Yamaha Taurus was so much better than the V8s. 1) It had a real transmission. 2) The interior is better. 3) It was actually faster.

Ford ruined that 3.4L V8. When yamaha gave them the engine, it was pushing over 300hp and ford redid the intake and cams and it only made 240hp. Then the cams would break.

Edited by zillafreak
  • Like 1

Welcome! I am in Cincinnati as well. If you see a Shadow Black Edge Sport running up I71 exactly at 59mph, that is me as that stretch of highway terrifies me.

This must be a small world as I too have owned 2 Taurus SHO's. I have owned both a 95 MTX and a 99 V8SHO. I totaled the v8sho when I was going around a corner and the rear sway bar link snapped. There were pictures of it everywhere on the internet back then. I absolutely loved the v8sho as that little v8 was easily one of the best sounding v8's on the market with a Borla exhaust.

• Like 1

Just bought my 2010 Ford Edge. Only issue I could see with the car was a small dent in the rear passenger door. It could use a buff job to remove a couple small marks but it is clean. Joining to find any info about issue with the 3.5 and ways to make it better/faster.

Congrats, grest car, your going to love your decision.

You mentioned having a small dent it the doir, there are repair companies atound rmthat can pop that dent without any tooling. Not very expensive either. Believe they use cold then heat, pops right out. (Neven use their service, friend did and was satisfied).

• Like 1

I'm in the area too. Up near Mason and West Chester. Candy Red 2010 sport with a black painted grille, 20" chrome wheels- not the 22" polished. Definitely the only one in town that looks like that.

Main issue with the 3.5 is the water pump is in the timing cover. If it fails, it can leak water into the oil and trash the engine. Not common, but it happens. Reminds me, I need to get the coolant flushed.

Edited by IWRBB

Welcome! I am in Cincinnati as well. If you see a Shadow Black Edge Sport running up I71 exactly at 59mph, that is me as that stretch of highway terrifies me.

This must be a small world as I too have owned 2 Taurus SHO's. I have owned both a 95 MTX and a 99 V8SHO. I totaled the v8sho when I was going around a corner and the rear sway bar link snapped. There were pictures of it everywhere on the internet back then. I absolutely loved the v8sho as that little v8 was easily one of the best sounding v8's on the market with a Borla exhaust.

The V8s did sound great. But the MTX I had with the exhaust and intake sounded orgasmic when the secondaries opened up. What part of I71? I use to drive from Lebanon to UC around 4:30-5pm to get to school by 5:30 all the time in college when I was co-oping. Lets say I was luckily I didn't see cops some day. I71 in northern Kentucky scares me though, place is terrible.

Congrats, grest car, your going to love your decision.

You mentioned having a small dent it the doir, there are repair companies atound rmthat can pop that dent without any tooling. Not very expensive either. Believe they use cold then heat, pops right out. (Neven use their service, friend did and was satisfied).

I am content with decision. I wanted something different but the woman would kill me if I came home with the truck I wanted because we have a wedding to pay for in a couple months.

The dent was small, didn't even see it till I got it home. It doesn't worry me. By small is is maybe the size of the penny. If worst comes to worst, my dad does body work and does great work.

I'm in the area too. Up near Mason and West Chester. Candy Red 2010 sport with a black painted grille, 20" chrome wheels- not the 22" polished. Definitely the only one in town that looks like that.

Main issue with the 3.5 is the water pump is in the timing cover. If it fails, it can leak water into the oil and trash the engine. Not common, but it happens. Reminds me, I need to get the coolant flushed.

Thanks for the info about the water pump, guess that is something I will have to keep an eye on.

Thanks for the info about the water pump, guess that is something I will have to keep an eye on.

That's the problem, you can't keep an eye on it. :) It's behind the timing cover.

Question for people with a 2010, does the air suck in them? The 2008 I drove also didn't really blow air. Like I barely felt it when on fan setting 4 but there was a difference between the other settings.

The A/C in our 2010 does just fine.

Oft neglected maintenance item.

True. Hard for many because you can't easily access them and many people don't even know about them.

Started to hear a noise last night which seemed to come from the rear. Sounds like the brakes might be a warping. This sounded just like when my last car has a bent hub. Time to put it on the lift and check everything out so I can force the dealer to fix it.