New Forum Member and New SEL Edge owner

ErlAlx

Yesterday after driving and decided to make purchase, very nice salesman noticed a severe crack in rear sun roof panel on the 2016 SEL Edge. So now I own it but don't have it. Service manager wanted to keep it, so afraid it may shatter more.

He said hopefully they can get the part and have it replaced in the next 3-7 days. I did get a 2017 Fusion to use until then. So now I'm anxiously waiting.

This past Friday I took a 160 mile trip in the 17 Fusion. I believe it has the non EchoBoost 2.5 L engine. It seem to have good power and ran pretty good. My 16 Edge SEL has the 2 L EchoBoost engine. Will there be a noticeable difference in power, "get up and go" that I noticed in the Fusion.

I finally got to bring my Edge home yesterday. Have not drove it too much yet. Just gotta get use to it and how everything works. It is White Platinum Met Tri-Coat. Equipt. group 201A. Tecnology Package, BSMS, Remote Start, Push Button Start, Navigation. Mkey. Heated Seats, RV Camera and a few other things.

Probably will be asking for help/information sometime.

• Like 1

I finally got to bring my Edge home yesterday. Have not drove it too much yet. Just gotta get use to it and how everything works. It is White Platinum Met Tri-Coat. Equipt. group 201A. Tecnology Package, BSMS, Remote Start, Push Button Start, Navigation. Mkey. Heated Seats, RV Camera and a few other things.

Probably will be asking for help/information sometime.

Sounds like we got the exact same one color and all!

Suggestion would be read the sync manual. Tons of commands I didn't realize. Including telling her to change temp, pulling up a weather radar/or five day forecast. Asking about sports scores....local gas prices, or traffic alerts. All of these are done through Sirius traffic link FYI.

I've also enjoyed sport mode, it doesn't shift up for you and will let you redline so make sure you don't do that, but it feels much more peppy to me.

Haven't done anything yet, besides adding the OEM bumper guard and weather mats they accidentally gave me for free lol.

I'm planning on replacing license/puddle lamps with LEDs and possibly doing the HID headlight kit.

Little known feature but if you click unlock and then click and hold for about 4/5 seconds. It'll roll your front windows down to vent car on hot day. Sadly it won't roll them back up like other ford models.

The sync 3 is my favorite part, sat in car for 45 minutes going through all the options. And on dash (right side screen). If you select navigation regardless of if you've Inputted a route, it'll show road names and speed limits for the current road you are on.

Have fun!

• Like 2

Thanks for all the information. Is there a way when adding destinations to the favorites list to add a name? It would be much easier to look up "Jon Doe" instead of some street and city. Maybe I'm just missing a detail somewhere.

Edited by ErlAlx