New to Forum, info on my rides!

FasterThanYou302

Hey all, my name is Joe and I'm a long time Ford gear head but new to this forum. (Didn't even know there was an Edge specific forum until recently TBH)

Anyway, my race cars (Drag and road course/time attack) have been always been Mustangs for the past decade and my last two daily drivers have been the Edge platform.

My first was a 2008 SE and it was a great, reliable car for 5 years. I then got rid of that for my current daily driver; a 2012 Lincoln MKX because I was feeling fancy. While my 08 remained almost entirely stock, the MKX has seen a lot more action and is currently one of the quickest non-ecoboost models that I know of. (13.77 1/4 mile ET at ~350ft above sea level)

Currently it wears a K&N intake, ported TB, custom DC Sports headers and 3" cat less exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers/tips, SCT tuned on 93 octane E10 it made 274whp/256wtq. Chassis wise she is basically stock except for H&R springs and some DIY weight reduction bringing this pig down to 3992lbs without a driver. All of this together has made it super a fun and ultra comfortable daily people hauler and quite a sleeper as well. I also have a 2015 Mustang GT with full bolt-ons running a 12.50 bracket and a 1991 LX notchback with an AFR headed 363 CI Windsor and full Griggs suspension that serves road course duties. Anyway that's me in a nutshell, and I just wanted to introduce myself here as there are not many Edge/MKX enthusiasts in my area but I truly am loving the platform for what it is. I am also an experienced tuner and have done quite a bit of fabrication/welding work as well so I would be more than happy to share my knowledge and experience with this platform with you guys as well. Being that there is limited aftermarket support for these models, some things need to be DIY/custom or you don't get it so it always helps to have a collective information bank. So far I have customized a set of headers from DC Sports as well as ported my own TB with a solid 8whp/6wtq gain from 3500-redline just from the port work! I plan to work on the transmission some in the near future as well as introduce a little bit of giggle gas into the mix, so stay tuned!

• Like 2

Welcome to the community, FTY302! Glad to have an Edge/MKX gearhead among us :thumbsup: Quite a mod list! You have the 3.7L, right? Ported the TB instead of using a BBK?

Anyway, you are right, there is little to no aftermarket support for these vehicles, and getting projects off the ground if you are not a DIY'r like yourself, is a great way to turn your bank balance upside down.

Will be interesting to see what you can do with the trans, strenghthening it would be great! Another member has successfully run nitrous on their 2010 Edge FWD, so a definite can-do project!

• 2 weeks later...