22" Tire size

I know the '09 Edge Sport has 265/40/22 but I seem to be getting recommendations from tire places that the 265/35/22 is the preferred size. The 35 series is slightly smaller than OEM but the 40 is slightly larger. They are close in the difference from stock...just over 2%. Does anybody have any recommendations? I'm leaning towards the 40s to give me a little more rubber.

Thanks!

I know the '09 Edge Sport has 265/40/22 but I seem to be getting recommendations from tire places that the 265/35/22 is the preferred size. The 35 series is slightly smaller than OEM but the 40 is slightly larger. They are close in the difference from stock...just over 2%. Does anybody have any recommendations? I'm leaning towards the 40s to give me a little more rubber.

Thanks!

Hi Craiger. :D I would go with the 40's for exactly the reason you are thinking. A little more sidewall and a little more peace of mind on marginal roads.

By the way, what was the final outcome with your Yokohama tire/wheel size mismatch? Did the retailer correct their mistake?

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Ya, Yokohama has confirmed that there is no way I should be using their 265mm tires with the 8.5" width rim. I told the dealer exactly what Yokohama said. I even told Yokohama that they were doing this to customers and they said it must have been a mistake. Don't think so but no big deal since they are refunding me for the package. Unfortunataly, I have to change wheels now but I found a 9" width that I really like so I'm working on getting those ordered now.

Thanks!