What I plan to do to my EDGE

I wanted to do some upgrades to my edge I will post pictures in the Spring when all my upgrades are done.

I am not gloating or bragging I simply would like to know from other folks if I am going too far, I don't want my edge to look like a punk car.

1. HID's 6000k

2. 22' tires/rims (rims will be black with silver lining)

3. LCD/DVD on back of (2) head rests

4. pioneer DVD/NAV sys

5. very light (smoke) tint on headlights/rear lights

right now my edge is 07 sage (between a beige/silver color) AWD, vista roof, rear sensing system, 18' tires/chrome rims

do you think the items above is too much?

please I would appreciate your thoughts.

I'd have to say not too much but I may be biased as I'm working on similar upgrades as well.

I love 22s on the Edge...some say it's too much but personally I don't think so. I've always

been a fan of big rims though, I used to have a Civic with 19s when I was younger. I guess

Ford agreed too as the new '09 Sport will have 22s from the factory. I have my 22s on order

and should be getting them any day. Just have to wait for the snow to clear and they'll be on

...hopefully another month or so. You could always upgrade from 18s to 20s if you were concerned

about the 22s being too much. The 20s are a nice size too and still offer a pretty soft ride.

As for the HIDs...well read a few threads around here on them. You'll see I've had nothing

but trouble getting these to work with the Edge however I am very determined and not giving

up yet.

The rest of the upgrades seem fine to me too.

I like your list of mods. I've never seen 22s on an Edge, but I think they would look awesome with slightly bigger tires filling up the wheel wells. A hand held tuner will probably be needed to re-calibrate the speedometer if you go with larger diameter tires. The DVDs in the headrests are on our short term mod list as well.

I am not gloating either..LOL But I have pretty much everything on your list minus the headreast TV's (no need)

I have a pewter 07 SEL+ FWD

STOCK:

DSC04604Medium.jpg

Pioneer AVIC Z2 with the Sirius tuner,reversing camera,steering wheel control module and its overridden.

DSC04607Medium.jpg

I have 22" Verde Koas in Chrome with Nitto NT555 Extreme Tire

DSC05938Medium.jpg

DSC05931Medium.jpg

I have xentec 5k HID's

(truck on the right has 6k)

EDGE on the right has 5k Virtually no difference

DSC06416Medium.jpg

And I just have the film overlay on the tail lights..(for now have a custom set of tinted tails on the way soon)

DSC05954.jpg

Wow Abrannan, those are some nice 22s...making me even more anxious to get mine!!!

You didn't drop it, right?

nope..stock height..and thank you..I am kinda fond of them..LOL

just some useful advice..make sure to use metal TPMS clamps..nothing else works (don't ask me how I know)

also get hub centric rings and hub centric lug nuts..its been a long process for me..trying to get it right.

after all that they are riding very smooth!

Edited by Abrannan19

Thanks for your post, Know I can see what my Edge will look like :)

The only thing that will look different from yours will be more black in my rims, don't get me wrong...your rims look impressive, I just like the more black and less chrome.

I am not gloating either..LOL But I have pretty much everything on your list minus the headreast TV's (no need)

STOCK:

DSC04604Medium.jpg

Pioneer AVIC Z2 with the Sirius tuner,reversing camera,steering wheel control module and its overridden.

DSC04607Medium.jpg

DSC05938Medium.jpg

DSC05931Medium.jpg

I have xentec 5k HID's

DSC06416Medium.jpg

And I just have the film overlay on the tail lights..(for now have a custom set of tinted tails on the way soon)

DSC05954.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a limited in Jan. LOVE it. I have power tail gate, the Vista roof, 20 inch wheels,. My problem is my wife is very short & I need running boards or Nerfs I have a difficult time finding themI need something in Chrome or Black Trurk is White Sand. I do not want to give up the 20's in fact I would like 22's. Maybe some one out there has running boards & would sent a picture. :shift:

• 7 years later...

I purchased a limited in Jan. LOVE it. I have power tail gate, the Vista roof, 20 inch wheels,. My problem is my wife is very short & I need running boards or Nerfs I have a difficult time finding themI need something in Chrome or Black Trurk is White Sand. I do not want to give up the 20's in fact I would like 22's. Maybe some one out there has running boards & would sent a picture. :shift:

Grayfuzz as of right now i do not have any pictures as I am still putting my shopping list together, but I asked someone who did have running boards. They told me they used a website, CarID.com. This website has anything and everything you can customize on a Ford Edge. The only thing is the tail lights which I purchase from Daytimebrightlights.com and I have to say these where a great choice.

STOCK:

DSC04604Medium.jpg

DSC04607Medium.jpg

DSC05938Medium.jpg

DSC05931Medium.jpg

I have xentec 5k HID's

DSC06416Medium.jpg

DSC05954.jpg

Abrannan19 where did you get your HID's from because the first set i bought back fed and caused chaos in my fuse panel, don't even want to go into repair cost with all the rewiring throughout the car. But if you don't have any problems with the ones you have I would like to purchase them as well.