RECALL NEED ON 2007 EDGE PCM & COILS

unhapfordownr

I BOUGHT A 2007 FORD EDGE IN OCTOBER OF 2014. I LOVED MY SUV UNTIL LESS THEN 6 MONTHS LATER I HAD TO PAY OVER $700 TO HAVE MY OUT PUT AND INPUT SHAFT SPEED SENSORS REPLACED IN MY TRANSMISSION. MY EDGE BROKE DOWN ON ME AND WOULDNT GO INTO GEAR ON MIDDLE OF INTERSTATE IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC. NOW LESS THEN 6 MONTHS LATER MY PCM HAS GONE BAD BURNING UP ALL 6 COIL PACKS IN MY EDGE. I HAVE CONTACTED FORD AND THERE IS A TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLENTIN ON THE PCM AND COIL PACKS, BUT WAS TOLD NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE HAVE REPORTED THE ISSUE TO PUT OUT A RECALL. I CAN NOT AFFORD OVER $2000.00 TO HAVE THIS FIXED. FORD IS AWARE THAT IT IS A DEFECTIVE PART AND I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THERE IS NOT A RECALL ON IT. THE DEALERSHIP IS NOT TRYING TO HELP ME AT ALL. SO I AM ASKING EVERYONE WHO IS EXPERINCING VIOLENT SHAKING AND LOSS OF POWER AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON TO CALL FORD AND REPORT IT SO WE CAN GET A RECALL ISSUED. AGAIN I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF 6 LANES OF TRAFFIC DURING RUSH HOUR AND THE TRUCK JUST LOST POWER. I COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED AND RAN OVER TOP OF. I HAD NO WARNING OR ANYTHING THE TRUCK JUST SLOWLY STARTED LOSING POWER AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT DIDNT EVEN CUT ON UNTIL AFTER I TURNED EDGE OFF AND RESTARTED. THIS IS AN ISSUE IN NEED OF A RECALL ASAP! I HAVE DONE ALOT OF RESEARCH AND HAVE FOUND THAT THE FAULTY PCM BURNS UP THE COIL PACKS AND EVERYONE WHO IS JUST REPLACING COILS IS GOING TO HAVE THE SAME ISSUE AGAIN SINCE IT IS THE FAULTY PCM BURNING THE COILS AND UNTIL THE PCM ($835) IS REPLACED THEY WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP REPLACING THE COILS ($80 X 6 =$480.00) NONE OF THESE PRICES INCLUDE LABOR! ALSO DOESNT INCLUDE THE COST TO REPROGRAM THE NEW PCM TO MY KEYS SINCE IF YOU DONT FLASH THE NEW PCM THE EDGE WONT START DUE TO THE KEYS OUR PROGRAMMED SPECIFICALLY TO THE PCM INSTALLED TO THE EDGE. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID TO HAVE THESE ISSUE FIXED PLEASE STILL CALL FORD WHEN AND IF THEY ISSUE A RECALL (WHICH THEY NEED TO!) YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR RECEIPT AND BE REIMBURSED FOR COST TO HAVE IT FIXED! THE PCM PUSHES TO MUCH ELECTRICITY TO THE SPARK PLUGS IN TURN BURNING THE COILS AND COULD POSSIBLY CAUSE THE SUV TO CATCH FIRE!!!!! I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DRIVE MY EDGE IN 3 WEEKS AND STILL OWE $13,100.00 ON IT! PLEASE I BEG EVERYONE TO CALL 1-800-392-3673 IT ONLY TAKES ABOUT 5 MINUTES HAVE YOUR VIN # TO YOUR EDGE AND LET THEM KNOW EITHER YOUR PCM AND COILS ARE BAD OR THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY HAD THE WORK DONE!

You can get the PCM repaired for less than 300. I understand your issue though. Coils can be obtained for less at Rock auto and the PCM will not need to be reflashed as the PCM repair will have it ready to roll so to speak. It will also recognize your keys since it will be your PCM you get back all programed and ready to go. The replacement is very simple. Few bolts and fasteners in the cowling and done. Again I understand your concerns and frustration but this is a way to get it back up and running and the problem repaired for less cash output.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I came across this problem many months ago, and my car has been sitting in the parking lot ever since. I refuse to keep throwing money at Ford dealerships only to be ripped off. I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out with several questions I have:

- I was told by someone that I needed to replace the spark plugs also. Since then, I haven't heard anything about that. Does anyone know if this is true? Or is it just the coils and PCM?

- If I don't replace the PCM right away, just the coils, how quickly will it be a problem? Will it burn them out extremely fast? Or will I have some time to be able to use my vehicle before I have to send in the PCM to be fixed?

Thank you in advance.

Or how to unlock the Caps key......

Many people think the mfr owes it to them to fix any type of problem for free even if it falls outside the warranty and even if they chose not to purchase an extended warranty. They don't care how recalls really work - all they know is if it's recalled they get it for free.

• Like 1