Hello Everyone I need some help

Brooklynpoe

Hello! I am an owner of a 2011 Ford Edge SEL AWD (~80,000 miles), I absolutely love this car but I have been running into some problems lately that are making me really regret buying such a "luxurious" crossover (at least for me). I am a young girl and extremely naive to anything vehicle related, so this definitely doesn't help my case when trying to find someone trustworthy that is going to tell me what's wrong with my car and not screw me out of more money than I already am trying to fork over. Okay so to my issues... Last Spring I came back from a training trip (I'm in the military) and got into my car, went to go open the sunroof and when I started to drive I noticed the right side of the class was not fastened down- it literally was flapping against the top of my car. I immediately shut it in fear that it was going to shatter and took it straight to the Ford Dealer. One of the mechanics hopped up on top of my car and said the glass was not attached to the piece that runs along the track (he opened the sunroof looked along the track and pulled out the piece that he said was unglued from the glass and handed it to me), he said he could re-glue it but it was going to cost me a few hundred dollars and I was going to have to leave the car for at least three days-with no loner available. I couldn't afford to leave my car or fork over the cash at that time so I just accepted that I was not going to be able to use my sunroof for a few months. Fast forward to last week... I did some spring cleaning on my car from top to bottom. I took out my driver driver side mat only to find my carpet was soaking wet and starting to mildew (I have weather tech mats so I know the water wasn't from my shoes or a spill), it also was wet along side between my door and my seat. I scrubbed it clean and was going to keep an eye on it to see if it was just the mat or if there was a leak. Unfortunately after all the rain last week, my carpet was back to wet. The only thing I could think that it was from was my sunroof. But AGAIN, I am extremely naive so this is me guessing. I took it to the Ford Dealer a few days ago, to bite the bullet and just get the sunroof fixed- unfortunately the mechanic that said he would fix it last year no longer works there. The other mechanic said that this type of repair was not a tangible repair and he didn't feel safe doing it due to the liability if it breaks again. He gave me the name of guy at SEATCO and told me to go see him. I went to SEATCO, brought in the part (the piece that supposedly glues to the glass that runs along the track), explained everything up to this point and he said he would do some research. His conclusion was he didn't really know (great!) but he said he didn't think the part was the piece the Ford mechanic was saying it was but it was actually part of the track that just broke off- but he wanted me to bring my car in and let him get a better understanding. So that is where I am at right now, I don't feel comfortable going to some mom and pop store that could potentially make the matter worse, but I am not under any warranty unfortunately. I would GREATLY appreciate any help and recommendations. I will post pictures of the part from my sunroof that I keep referring to and maybe that will help visualize what I am trying to say.

Thanks in advance,

Brooklynpost-40310-0-81546700-1458340475_thumb.jpgpost-40310-0-90485600-1458340487_thumb.jpgpost-40310-0-16311600-1458340506_thumb.jpgpost-40310-0-36444800-1458340516_thumb.jpg

It will cost some money. your best bet is get it repaired through a Ford dealer and at least have a warranty on the parts/job that they performed. Check with your military assistance group they may be able to provide a no interest or low cost interest loan to help with the repairs and in some cases if you qualify a small grant.

Edited by macbwt