Just purchased a 2011 Edge Limited!

Gebunce

Hello everyone,

I came across your forum while researching potential common problems with the Edge prior to buying. I ultimately made the decision to buy because I feel I got a solid deal, relatively low miles and a very clean vehicle. So far I am very happy with the vehicle, after about 2 weeks. I was in a 2 year lease of a Buick LaCrosse so the extra space and cargo room as well as the towing package are welcome additions. I think it has most options with the exception of the sunroof and Nav.

A few things I think I miss from the Buick are only 2 settings for the heated seats, lukewarm and extra crispy in the Ford! (The Buick had 3 which seemed more manageable) and not showing which tire is actually low on air when the tire pressure monitor comes on, sometimes they aren't really noticeable.

I did the update on the My Ford Touch right away and so far I'm not seeing any real problems with using it once you put a little time into learning. I would have liked the nav option but it didn't seem to be getting that great of reviews here anyway. I haven't had much time to learn the voice commands yet other than following the on screen prompts but that is my next project.

The one question I do have, do any of you pay the $60 a year for the sync services and if so do you think it's still worth it? I generally don't need directions to things although traffic would sometimes be nice.

Thank you and I'm looking forward to following all of your posts.

re: sync services and if so do you think it's still worth it? not in my opinion. two words - Smart Phone.

I have the same 2011 Limited 302A +factory towing. Two upgrades I'd strongly recommend are;

1) change over the interior lights to LED.

2) change the door speakers to better units. Ex: this

Hello everyone,

I came across your forum while researching potential common problems with the Edge prior to buying. I ultimately made the decision to buy because I feel I got a solid deal, relatively low miles and a very clean vehicle. So far I am very happy with the vehicle, after about 2 weeks. I was in a 2 year lease of a Buick LaCrosse so the extra space and cargo room as well as the towing package are welcome additions. I think it has most options with the exception of the sunroof and Nav.

A few things I think I miss from the Buick are only 2 settings for the heated seats, lukewarm and extra crispy in the Ford! (The Buick had 3 which seemed more manageable) and not showing which tire is actually low on air when the tire pressure monitor comes on, sometimes they aren't really noticeable.

I did the update on the My Ford Touch right away and so far I'm not seeing any real problems with using it once you put a little time into learning. I would have liked the nav option but it didn't seem to be getting that great of reviews here anyway. I haven't had much time to learn the voice commands yet other than following the on screen prompts but that is my next project.

The one question I do have, do any of you pay the $60 a year for the sync services and if so do you think it's still worth it? I generally don't need directions to things although traffic would sometimes be nice.

Thank you and I'm looking forward to following all of your posts.

Hey Gebunce,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase! SYNC Services is a subscription service available to owners that put 411 Business Search, turn-by-turn directions, news, traffic, weather, sports, and more within reach of your voice. See more at: http://owner.ford.com/sync-technology/sync-services-overview-sync-myford-touch#sthash.K3hlAuhT.dpuf

Hope this helps with your decision!

Shaay

Edited by FordIVTteam

I'm in Canada so I can't comment on Sync services however I also own a 2011 Edge Limited. My advice is to ensure you service your brakes annually. If you are mechanically inclined this is very easy to do yourself. I failed to do this for a few years when I purchased my Edge and was stuck with an $1100 bill. Now I do it twice a year :).