New From Colorado

6772owner

Hello All,

New here, I traded in my 2012 Malibu 1LT for a 2013 Edge Limited AWD. I immediatley looked up forums and found myself here...

I had been looking at upgrading my Malibu for sometime and finally came across a good deal on this Edge. It has just about every option, minus Nav (not happy about that), Sunroof and Power Lift Gate (could care less about those) It also has an aftermarket roof mounted DVD player, which is nice for the daughter.

Anyway, I have already started swapping out bulbs for LED's, hoping to finish the dome lights and puddle lights this weekend. I also flipped the license plate light housing around so that they are facing each other now (its the little things)

Here is the only pic I have currently, this is at the dealer when I picked it up.

FB_IMG_1433992212166_zpsfekqaep8.jpg

Welcome to the community, 6772owner, congrats on the beautiful '13 Limited! Nice to see a Fusion is "at home" also! In my mind, NAV is no big deal because aftermarket products are generally better anyway, you can have them running separate from all the functions integrated into the OEM system :) But yeah, builtin WOULD be a cleaner look!

What LEDs did you go with for your mods? Keeping the kids happily occupied is a major PLUS :)

@ WWWPerfA_ZN0W,

Thank you, I appreciate it, loving it so far! We actually traded in our 11' Kia Optima for the Fusion and that started my hunt for a Ford to replace my Malibu...

The Nav wasn't a deal breaker, but I really like it in the Fusion...

As far as the LED's, I just used SMD LED's of the correct type. I referenced the interior lighting thread for the bulb types. Basically half 194's and Festoon style.

@ Redbow,

Thank you very much, I love the color as well. I have already read too many things I want to change... Ha Ha

Edited by 6772owner
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum 6772owner. I have a '13 Edge SEL in Tuxedo Black. Luv mine. Picked it up just off lease with 11K miles and perfect in/out, so was basically brand new; or at least brand-new-to-me!

Great color on yours! I like that Deep Impact Blue. My daughter has that color on her new Escape.

Anyways, how ya likin' those plastic covered wheels? I was a little miffed about that at first, but they look sharp and eventually grow on you... but still a PITA to keep clean.

Welcome, and all the best to you and your new ride.

post-32911-0-22020300-1434807737_thumb.jpg

Edited by good2Bking

good2Bking,

Yours looks great as well, I just couldn't do black again...

I love the blue, it was my first draw to the vehicle.

The wheels are alright, I was OK until I washed it for the first time and noticed the tiny curb rash on a few of the outer edges. Then I was livid when I found out you can't buy just the "hub cap" for the 20's... Ugh

Thank you very much, I'm sure I will!

Edited by 6772owner

• 3 weeks later...

Ok all, been working on the Edge a lot... I have changed the PTU gear oil (thanks to all the great information on this forum), also changed the Rear Diff oil. I changed the spark plugs out to iridium, had the oil changed and alignment done at the dealer (they comp'd these since I bought it there) and I got new Pirellis to replace the worn out and mismatched tires that were on it.

I then finished the LED upgrades (for now) with LED reverse lamps, dome lamps, puddle lights and added rear puddle lights per the threads on here.

I then added an AEM dry flow filter and deleted the resonator with a few PVC plugs. Much better tone and throttle response now... I also cleaned out the intake, throttle body and MAF when I swapped out the plugs. (Pretty easy to do really)

• Like 1

Thanks, I have been, but I like to be thorough with a "new" vehicle and I'm also preparing for a road trip in mid July and wanted it to be ready for that...

I also replaced the front Rotors and pads, thinking that the Rotors were "warped"... I also plan on posting some pics, need to get them uploaded to my Photobucket.

post-35872-0-42275100-1436404014_thumb.jpg

post-35872-0-46127300-1436404154_thumb.jpg

post-35872-0-95695200-1436404187_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6772owner
  • Like 1

I forgot one thing, ha ha! I was cleaning out the "hatch" area last weekend and noticed some "crap" under the back seat. Well I tried to shop vac it out and couldn't get it, so I started pulling all the stuff out of the hatch (cargo floor, trays, spare tire, etc) and eventually the entire rear seat... Look at what I found under the carpet of my 2+ year old vehicle, it was gross. I shop vac'd, scraped, brake cleaned everything off and applied some sound deadener while I was there. I feel much better now, also had to scrape the crap off the seat feet and scrub down the seats... Some people amaze it at the crap they do with vehicles, especially nice ones.

post-35872-0-38203900-1436441864_thumb.jpg

post-35872-0-05899100-1436441894_thumb.jpg

post-35872-0-52903300-1436441932_thumb.jpg

post-35872-0-61177700-1436441967_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6772owner
  • Like 1

It sure is, the seats are not very fun to remove... I'll be honest, I took the pass side out completely, but I just slid the driver's side back far enough to get everything cleaned up (its pretty heavy and awkward by yourself) I still spent a few hours on all of this...