New 2015 Sport Owner

jalm111

Just picked up my 2015 sport in black this past weekend. Absolutely love the car. I traded in my STi for the Ford and I must say I am more than satisfied. With a baby on the way I was fully expecting to essentially give up all the fun of driving/performance for the convenience but this car really delivers a lot better than I thought.

I also test drove an Audi SQ5 and a Porche Macan. Both of which drove great but honestly not all that much better than the Edge Sport to justify the $30k price premium. The only thing the Edge is worse at is sluggish down shifting (the Macan rpm needle seemed to bend time in how quickly it jumped between gears).

Anyway, just saying hi :)

Anyone know if the 21" rims will be offered as a add-on type purchase? My car came with the 20" which will be great for my winter setup but I was hoping to snag another set of the 21" rims for my summer set up.

Luke

I also just jumped over from the Subaru scene (in Seattle area as well). Selling the WRX to make room for the Edge and family :)

I think will be a common upgrade path for the Subaru guys looking for something a little sportier than the current round of Legacys and Foresters. I’ve even seen a few reviewers refer to the Edge Sport as the 'WRX of family cars'. I don't know if I'd go that far, but seems to be a step in the right direction.

For the downshift, not to sound the Subaru guy in the room, but I bet there will be some tunes for it. I've been watching 5startuning.com and a few other Ford tuner sites and I think will happen sooner than later since the 2.7 will likely be a popular engine in Ford's lineup. Sounds like there’s already some good tunes for the 2.7 in the F-150, so should easily carry over.

Not sure on the wheels, I would expect them to be offered, but might be ridiculously overpriced through Ford. I was hoping to use some of my Subaru wheels for winter, but this year’s Edge seems to have switched over to a 5x108 bolt pattern instead of the previous generations 5x114.3

Since I was doing a factory order, I just went with the 21's. Hopefully won't be too dark, not a huge fan of black wheels.

-SJ'