What other car(s) do you own?

WingNut

Just leased a 2015 Ford C-Max Energi. It is a plug in hybrid that has a range of 20+ miles strictly on battery power. Using just the battery, I am just under 200 MPG! To recharge, I just plug it into a standard outlet in the garage, and it takes about 6 hours. Each charge costs around $1.10 in electric charges.

The engine has only had to come on 3 times since I got it. All three times have been when I exceeded the range of the battery. Even then, I have just under 70 MPG because as the engine runs, it recharges the battery as does braking. This allows automatic switching between the engine and the battery for driving.

Really impressed with this car and never in a hundred years did I think I would be driving a plug in vehicle. But with an $8000.00 rebate from Ford, and a fantastic price from the dealer off MSRP, I couldn't pass up the 24 month payments. It is FULLY loaded with a 303A package and a panoramic glass roof. Tuxedo Black with Ebony leather.

Two items that I found reading the owner's manual is that the fuel tank is pressurized differently than regular cars. This allows fuel to remain for up to18 months before the engine will turn on to burn the fuel. The oil change interval is up to 2 years or 20000 miles! Again, there is a feature which will automatically turn on the engine to keep moisture from building up in the oil pan, and to lube the engine. This only occurs when driving habits keep the engine from running because only battery power has been used.

• Like 1

post-34359-0-24837800-1430410845_thumb.jpg

2000 Pontiac GTX Modified

Intercooled, 150HP nitrous, headrers, incresed boost, larger injectors, larger rocker arms,

cat converter deleted, 3.29 posi gear built trans w/ stall speed . Baer racing brakes, HID fogs and headlights

FUNCTIONAL RAM AIR INTAKE. 50% PREMIUM AND e85 MIX GAS

Edited by ClosetotheEdge
  • Like 1