First Impressions of New Edge

tron1974

Pirelli is now Chinese :hysterical:

Right now 26% of Pirelli is being purchased by a Chinese business. Pirelli tires are made in Italy, Brazil, Mexico, and the United States along with China and Venezuela. The country of origin will depend on the model tire, size, supplier, etc. Easy enough to tell where it is made as that has to be stamped on each tire.

Michelin, Goodyear, and other name brand tires are also made in China. Again, many different factors determine where your tires are made.

Very nice... i hope the interior is better quality and less noise as far as little rattles hearer n there....

From all the video and internet reviews, I've read Ford address those issues in the 2015 Edges. The interior quality is much better than the 2007-2014 Edges.

Please check the what's new thread for video reviews http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17324-2015-ford-edge-whats-new/

The thread went from new Edge Sport impressions to buy American tires. :) To the OP have you tried the transmission in Sport mode and the paddle-shifters? Do you have the enhanced active park assist? If so what is your impression of it?

I did not get the package with the park assist nor did I get the panoramic sunroof. I was trying to keep it under or about 40K. the paddle shifters work pretty well. I haven't had a ton of time to use them though. The "sport" mode is pretty sweet. It changes the driving dynamics noticeably. The all weather floor mats are absolute crap. I should wait until the Weathertech ones are available. They will not hold any snow at all in the winter.

Very nice... i hope the interior is better quality and less noise as far as little rattles hearer n there....

The interior is very quiet. In fact the doors seal almost too good. It makes it almost hard to shut the doors. You really have to put some force into it. That is one area that I would like to see improved on a later release is making the doors easier to close. No rattles at all. I sat in a 2014 in the showroom and the interior is quite a bit nicer on the 2015 models. It doesn't feel as "plasitcy".

Tron1974

Can you snap some photos to the interior - Seats, MFT (on) area, 2.7L engine - Exterior photos when sunny?

Thanks

Yep. I have a few new ones, but I will post more tomorrow when it's sunny. It is a bit dull here in western NY today.

2d1uwz6.jpg2cxghzr.jpg21n1t3c.jpg23s9gdl.jpg2ch0vua.jpg

• Like 2

I don't really have any other or better indicator for 0-60. I suspect I could time it using my phone too manually.

Also, I really am disliking the stereo. I mean couldn't they have put a little more power in? With the windows open it could definitely use it.

I know this is a dumb question, but did you check the equalizer settings? maybe somebody messed with them and they're all at zero??? I haven't been in a car yet whose speakers didn't get so loud to overpower wind noise...

I know this is a dumb question, but did you check the equalizer settings? maybe somebody messed with them and they're all at zero??? I haven't been in a car yet whose speakers didn't get so loud to overpower wind noise...

Yep. I already bumped up the bass a little and treble but it still wasn't enough. Maybe I need to rip my MP3's with a boost. I am using a USB drive for music.

If you have the navigation pkg, be sure to go into sound settings and make sure that the "speed compensation volume" is turned all the way up. It actually does work. I too think that although ford says that the sound system is awesome, I can't make it loud enough either in a cd, memory stick radio or Bluetooth. I currently have the THX sound in my Lincoln and it souns exactly the same as the Ford Sony sound system. Even my wife "shaker 500" she had on her 5.0 drop top last summer didn't seem loud enough....maybe I am deaf for all those loud concerts back in the 80's (ac/dc, the who, stones, queen, boss, etc)

• Like 1

Your Edge looks better and better every time I look at it! great pics.

I am usually not a fan of any color so "contemporary " but I do have to say, only in the sport trim, that your electric spice is growing on me.. I definitely want to see it in person outside in the sun not in a showroom but I may have to pull the trigger in that color in my next sport....2016

• Like 1