Ford Edge Owner

laker

I purchased a 2013 Edge Limited about 3 months ago from a dealer here in Michigan. Have a noise (whining) starting at about 45 mph with noise sounding like a loud hum. In reading other forum posts, this noise seems to be somewhat common in the Edge. Took the car back to the dealer and they said it was a tire noise. They rotated the tires and said to give it some time to "wear" on the new location. This did not stop the noise. I just purchased four new tires and the noise is still there and even louder. Any idea what this may be?

In reading other forum posts, this noise seems to be somewhat common in the Edge.

Uh, first time I've heard the whining noise as being somewhat common. From reading the other forum posts, what was the outcome of why there was a whining noise?

How many miles on your 2013? What size and brand tires did you put on, and what did it come with before you replaced the tires. I have a 2013 Limited with 20" factory Pirelli tires, and just over 41000 miles. No whining or hum what so ever. The tires are a bit load now, but not a whine or hum.

I agree with Akirby, have the wheel bearings and hub assemblies checked out.

I purchased a 2013 Edge Limited about 3 months ago from a dealer here in Michigan. Have a noise (whining) starting at about 45 mph with noise sounding like a loud hum. In reading other forum posts, this noise seems to be somewhat common in the Edge. Took the car back to the dealer and they said it was a tire noise. They rotated the tires and said to give it some time to "wear" on the new location. This did not stop the noise. I just purchased four new tires and the noise is still there and even louder. Any idea what this may be?

Hi laker,

How many miles do you have on your Edge? Please let me know, so I can see how to best assist. :)

Meagan