New owner in New Hampshire

John inNH

Hi everyone I am a new owner of a 2008 Edge Limited AWD. Or I should say I bought it for my wife. Her beloved 2005 Freestyle started to have transmission problems at 110,000 miles and I just could not see spending $5,000.00 to $7,000.00 for a rebuilt tranny in a 10 year old car. We actually made it 3 months without a car payment! My wife actually wanted a Taurus X because she loved the Freestyle so much, but there ae very few out there and the kids are all grown so I convinced her to look at the Edge. I had checked out numerous other crossovers but the Edge seemed like the best combination of ride, performance and luxury. We checked out a few and found a redfire metallic loaded with sunroofs, navigation 20" chrome rims, red accent seats etc. I was very impressed with it and we got a great deal.

My first question is does anyone know of a less expensive map update disk? The car still has the 2008 disk and my local dealer wants $175.oo for the latest update.

John

Welcome to the forum, John, and congrats on the new2you '08 Limited :) I had looked at Freestyle's/Taurus X's also prior to the Edge, just liked the overall "architecture". Do post a few pics of the Edge (and prev ride(s))!

How many miles do you have on the Edge? Unless you know the history intimately, I would seriously advise you at least check the condition of: 1) The PTU fluid, and 2) The Battery, aside from the specified maintenance in the owner's manual, found online here:

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage&year=2008&make=Ford&model=Edge

PDF: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/08edgog1e.pdf