Greetings From NY -2014 Ford Edge Sport AWD

gmfranco88

Hello All,

Just switched my 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium for a New 2014 Ford Edge Sport AWD. Loving the Edge so far. I have been reading through the forum these last couple of days and will be making some upgrades. Here's a quick overview of my to do list:

- Install HID kit from Daytime BrightLites

- install DRLs from Daytime BrightLites

- Convert Interior lighting to LED

- Install MGP brake covers

- Install VLEDs Switchbacks

- Install LED tail lights from Daytime BrightLites

- Cover top Chrome bar to match Grill

- Cover Ford emblems front and back.

Mods already completed:

- Replaced sill plates with OEM illuminated sill plates.

- Replaced OEM Ebony carpet Mats with all weather rubber mats.

I am currently selling the OEM Scuff/Sill plates and OEM Ebony 4-Piece Carpeted mats under classifieds if anyone is interested.

Only concern with HID installation is the Edge shutter system for High Beams. Wondering how Bright HIDs will be when I flash high beams since HIDs take time to warm up if they are not already on.

I've also seen some people are having issues with VLEDs switchbacks on their Edges.

I will be documenting all changes as they are made. Any feedback and or suggestions are always welcomed.

Edited by gmfranco88

Hello All,

Just switched my 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium for a New 2014 Ford Edge Sport AWD. Loving the Edge so far. I have been reading through the forum these last couple of days and will be making some upgrades...

Great choice, and welcome to the community, gmfranco88!

My name is Tricia, and I’m the Ford Customer Service Representative on this forum. I’ll be here to assist with any questions or concerns.

Don’t forget to check out the Ford Owner website. It’s a great resource to reference while you are getting acquainted with your new partner in crime!

I’ll be here if you need me, and have a great weekend! :)

Tricia