My slow evolution back to CAR

roadkill401

I guess that I should introduce myself, even though I have already jumped in both feet. I am now a happy owner of a Ruby Red 2013 Edge SEL, and very impressed with the comfort and ride that I have got.

You may wonder about the title. This is my 5th vehicle that I have owned (four of which were Fords). My first was an old Mercury Capris that really should have been destined for the junk yard but at 19, it was all that I could afford. After driving it into the ground in 2 years, I moved to a VW Fox that worked well but I knew that I wanted more. So in 1996 I bought a new Ford Explorer Sport, and got a full 12 years of good driving out of it. That was a real SUV, and I drove it through everything. But vehicles wear out, and the cost of maintaining seemed to exceed the value of the vehicle, so I moved to a smaller but more upscale 2006 Ford Escape LTD. The ride was more refined and added some of those comforts not found in my old Explorer like heated seats, reverse sensors, and a CD player. Now I have the Edge that I guess they call a crossover not an SUV. I can see why as the ground clearance is so much less than what I had with the explorer, and it's not nearly as rugged, but I now have a ride that is very comfortable, and technology/gadgets that never seem to end. I guess if I went with a LTD Explorer now, it would have the same, but also at a price I could not afford.

I am glad that I have a great resource to look up what I need to know, and a friendly place to ask my questions and get opinions from those in the know.

• Like 1