Park Aid

Kit Kat

Is there any way to turn off the park aid for longer than just until the next time the car is started? When we do our bicycle support for charity rides, the bike rack causes the park aid to go nuts beeping whenever the car is put in reverse. You can disable the beeping for that time but it comes back again the next time. It would be nice if it could be turned on and off like most other options so that it could be disabled while the bike rack is mounted and turned back on later.

Hi,

I have a 2010 Ford Edge.

This week the park aid stopped working and it says "Check park aid" up on the screen!

Any idea on how I can fix this without going to the dealer?!?

Thanks,

Kat

Hey Kit Kat,

Be sure to let us know if you decide to head to your Ford Dealer, so we'll be able to look into options on our end.

Is there any way to turn off the park aid for longer than just until the next time the car is started? When we do our bicycle support for charity rides, the bike rack causes the park aid to go nuts beeping whenever the car is put in reverse. You can disable the beeping for that time but it comes back again the next time. It would be nice if it could be turned on and off like most other options so that it could be disabled while the bike rack is mounted and turned back on later.

Good afternoon TheWizard,

This option is not possible, as it is part of your Edge's safety system. Let us know if you have further questions.

Todd

Edited by FordService

It's nice to have our own captive (though mercurial) pool of Ford folks on here :)

I'm glad to be back, WWWPerfA_ZN0W. Although I graduated with my English degree, I had to look up the definition of "mercurial." I'm blaming it on the current lack of coffee.

You ask questions like my wife asks questions. :)

This made me chuckle. Have a great day, akirby!

Todd