2010 Edge FWD-anyone?

Bo Keifus

Hello All,

I bought an edge this past week, a 2010 SE with 49K. Reading up on them, most people seem to be pretty happy. My vehicle appears to be pretty well maintained, but I'm just curious...

Has anybody not had the PTU leak? I understand that online, people will typically post something bad before something good, but it seems to be a pretty pervasive problem.

Any other pointers anyone can give me on what to expect in regards to maintenance? Taking a cursory look at my fluids, the car doesn't appear to need service anytime soon. Primarily this will be my wife's car to take my daughter to school 8 miles a day and then whatever weekend trips we do.

Gas mileage appears to be pretty poor, but I didn't get the car on a completely full tank so I'll update when I've ran through an entire tank...

Edited by Bo Keifus

No PTU in FWD, so no headache for you :)

Gas Mileage: Remember to reset your trip and mpg meters at the same time to get your current mileage (automatically, and manual calculation as well).

Maintenance:

Probably little maintenance at this time, other than oil change/filter, air filter, and cabin filter.

Clean the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner

If you really want tiptop shape, coolant and brake fluid flush is recommended (30K interval on modern cars is still recommended by reputable mechanics).

A bit early for spark plugs, maybe at 75K miles? Could pull one or two in the front for inspection (and careful reinstallation).

Check brake pad/rotor for wear, replace as necessary.

Check tires for proper wear, rotate/replace as necessary.

How are your headlamps performing? May need to replace at least the driving lights, if not the high beams or fog lamps.

HTH.

I don't believe I have the MPG meter-I don't have the info, setup or other buttons on the instrument cluster. I say pretty poor mpg mainly because I went through half a tank fairly quickly..will update when I've gone through a full tank. Tires look excellent-they had to have been replaced pretty recently. If there's any real wear on them, they are evenly wearing. Headlamps work pretty well, both high and low.

Edited by Bo Keifus