FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter

Anyone successfully install the Canadian Tire one in a 13 SEL?

I'm at the 2 year mark on my Edge and I would imagine the filter is pretty dirty.

Norm,

I am the tech manager at FRAM. Also happen to own a 2011 Edge Sport. The CAF is very easy to change, takes about five minutes. There is a QR code you can scan on our filter that takes you right to an easy to follow installation video.

• Like 1

Norm,

I am the tech manager at FRAM. Also happen to own a 2011 Edge Sport. The CAF is very easy to change, takes about five minutes. There is a QR code you can scan on our filter that takes you right to an easy to follow installation video.

Is the video specific to the Edge or just a general overview?

Norm,

Checking the "framfreshbreeze" website, the part number for the Edge is CF10547. But I noticed that in the video, the filter being installed is different than the picture given for CF10547, Check the video at 0:42, the filter looks of different construction compared to the removed OEM filter or pictured CF10547. I don't mean the difference in color (Carbon filter vs. regular), but totally different fins & sides.

Also, note that the edge in the video is a 2011+ although the video states its for a 2010.

http://www.framfreshbreeze.com/Installation.aspx?yr=2011&me=FORD%20TRUCK&ml=Edge

Filter being installed:

post-24673-0-95755700-1401524622_thumb.png

Removed Filter:

post-24673-0-86822500-1401524652_thumb.png

I find the Fram filter very restrictive. So much in fact that it's like losing 2 or 3 settings on the fan speed. For example, on MFT I have 7 lines showing fan speed. 1 is low and 7 is full speed. Full speed only moves about as much air as setting 4 or 5 did with the old filter.

I will be switching back. Fan noise is too high in order to get same airflow as before.

2 day old Fram filter for sale?

^ Had the exact same issue.. My 07' OEM filter is a plastic frame with wire mesh as the actual filter.. Actually works pretty well and I frequently clean it.. I switched over to the FRAM and hated it. Air on MAX was the equiv. to Setting 1 or 2 with the new filter.. The first generation Edges have very weak AC systems to begin with, so I couldn't take that big of a hit.. I took it out the next day and put the OEM back in.

• 1 month later...