NEW FORD EDGE OWNER!

Hey everyone!

I just bought my Ford Edge today and i'm excited to start modding it. I'd love some help on a few things as far as where to go and how to do it. I use to own a modded BMW E46, but the maintenance just got too much and i need an SUV for my pups.

I have a black on black 2013 SEL with panoramic roof, leather, and navi.

Here are the first set of mods i'd like to do: I'd love some help on how to :

- Blacked out or painted (neon green) emblems

- Debadge

- Front grille painted. (can i remove it to paint it)

- Can i put fog lights in?

- Where can i get 6k bulbs for my front headlights and what type of bulb is it?

- change the DRL lights to LED?

- change the low beams to a 6k temp light.

Any other suggestions?

TIA!

H

Welcome to the community, and congrats on your Edge! Hope this thread will get you off to a good start:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12565-how-tos-powertrain-electronics-body-more/?view=findpost&p=97106

and search is always your friend. A few members have added fog lights to the grille portion of the lower bumper, a couple have added LED light bars, and many have upgraded the factory "fogs" to high intensity lighting from DayTimeBriteLights (DTBL).

Do you have the window sticker for your Edge? That will tell you what kind of lighting you have.

Welcome to the club!

Many of your questions have been answered on other posts already, so searching will provide plenty of answers. When I first found this forum, I spent several days reading just about every topic that was listed in the sub categories that interested me. Found a lot of good information, and some things I ended up doing that I never even thought of.

DRL's from Dan, hood struts to replace the prop rod, a screen protector for the navigation screen, different wheels to replace the 20 inch chrome clad factory wheels (read too many posts about curb rash and no fix for those wheels), and several other tips and projects.

Wasn't planning on any of those, but found them just by reading and searching.

Good luck, and if you have any specific questions, you can post them in the different categories that might get more replies.