Plasti-Dip or Vinyl? Darkening one chrome Grill rail Advice please!

Cabdog47

Hello! I am new to the forum and have a 2013 Edge Sport. This site is great!

I am hoping for advice on if it is better to plasti dip the one top chrome grill rail piece, but I was hoping for a more glossy look like the rest of the black grill, so Vinyl film?

I plan on dipping the ford emblem too.

Is vinyl a better option, or would it be hard to tell with one plast-dipped top grill rail and still look good?

Any advice is very appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by Cabdog47

Not having the best luck on this one.

Can anyone advise please on when doing the one chrome grill on the front of and edge sport would look better in vinyl or plasti-dip please? If I use plasti-dip can I gloss it to match the rest of the grill?

Apologies for newbie questions!

I have done vinyl and PD in the past. I stick with the PD because it is easy to install and isn't permanent. Check my sig for what it looks like. My emblem is also dipped.

Removing the vinyl left a residue on my inserts that took time and effort to remove. Just FYI.

Cellbine Man, I saw your ride when I was lurking and then went and and Registered for the site. Looks sick.

I just got PD and I'm waiting for vinyl to arrive. I have the Edge sport 13 which has a glossy black grill, and I only intend on doing the top chrome strip, but the key is it'll be tough for me to decide on which way matches best as I am color blind and shades are hard to decipher.

I agree with the removing factor too bigtime, and don't think I could paint it, but I am willing to see how to ensure when I install it I try to have the things you stated in mind.

Sorry for the ramble, but I really appreciate everyone's Ideas!

Thanks for the compliments! Working on my Edge has been fun.

The following link is to one of the best threads for your interests. You have probably read it.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/10342-new-grille-solution/?p=77729

Hopefully you can find some information in there to help your needs. Just doing the top strip should make your task really easy. I had to do my entire grill! That was tough.