I'm a NOOB. Come on in. I have my flame suit on :)

kptrulee

Hello guys and gals. I am new to this site but not new to automotive forums. I do not own an Edge but my wife will be in a few days when we get delivery. She will be the proud owner of a 2009 Ford Edge Limited AWD in white platinum tricoat. It comes with the optional 20s, black leather, pano roof, power lift gate (which she loved when testing it out), and more. It pretty much has everything but the navi. I am looking to get her something aftermarket for that. I have been on this site just looking and really like the JVC head unit and will be getting a backup camera as well.

I am not new to modifying but an SUV is new to me. I am a car guy but I do really like the Edge. We looked at everything from a CRV, to a 4runner, Acadias, and more. This was definitely an easy choice for my wife. Once she got in she was in love. The interior is quite a bit better than anything we sat in and the ride was very smooth. She is moving up from a 2009 Honda Fit Sport.

Future plans:

Aftermarket Navi unit with backup camera

TRS Mini H1 kit (maybe paint the housings black while I have them torn apart)

LED interior lighting

2011+ rear taillight conversion

That is all I can think of at this moment. My wife isn't too keen on modifying it too much but she knows I will put a little work into it.

Anyways, this community seems pretty nice. I will have to get accustomed to that as all the other sites Im on are usually not lol.

Hope to share some pics in the future and maybe get some ideas for some more upgrades :)

Edited by kptrulee

Thanks. I don't know if you read a different thread but I don't plan on tinting the taillights. Also I didn't use the word "brake" so I don't think I misspelled it ;)

Thanks for the info WWWPerfA_ZNOW. I'll look into that write up.

Just trying to let you know my pet peeves BEFORE you violate them....... :) :) :)