Hello from Puerto Rico

Jose Carlos Lebron

Hello to all. Just became an owner of a new 2013 SEL. Last car was a '10 Kia Forte Koup. Nice little car but needed more security on the road and road conditions here in Puerto Rico are really bad. Coming back to Ford since I learned how to drive in an '84 Ford Bronco. Will be looking for a lot of information in the forum but let me know if there is anything I must need to know about the vehicle. Thanks in advanced! Will be posting some pics later.

Hello to all. Just became an owner of a new 2013 SEL. Last car was a '10 Kia Forte Koup. Nice little car but needed more security on the road and road conditions here in Puerto Rico are really bad. Coming back to Ford since I learned how to drive in an '84 Ford Bronco. Will be looking for a lot of information in the forum but let me know if there is anything I must need to know about the vehicle. Thanks in advanced! Will be posting some pics later.

Hey Jose Carlos Lebron,

Congrats on your new Edge! Thank you for being a member of the Ford Family since learning to drive. Grab this badge to show off online, and let me know if you have any questions.

Todd

Welcome and enjoy your new Edge. If you don't mind, what is the cost of the vehicle compared to US models? Also, what cost is added for shipping? I know Canadian owner's pay more even though the car is built in Canada, and the US dollar vs the Canadian dollar isn't that much of a difference for the last several years.

Welcome and enjoy your new Edge. If you don't mind, what is the cost of the vehicle compared to US models? Also, what cost is added for shipping? I know Canadian owner's pay more even though the car is built in Canada, and the US dollar vs the Canadian dollar isn't that much of a difference for the last several years.

Well out of the dealer price was finally $34,265 including extended warranty (up to 100,000 miles) for a Ruby Red SEL with reverse camera and sensors, roof racks, all weather mats, My Ford Touch without navigation (although it tells you where you are in coordinates), satellite radio and leather seats. It included a $2000 rebate. How many of that is shipping cost or taxes, I really don't know but looking at local IRS website, car price was $31,100 plus $6375.40 for taxes. Hope this helps.

I was surprised also to see how reasonable the price in Puerto Rico was compared to Canadian prices. Perhaps because it is a US territory? I just looked at postal rates and it shows all USPS rates apply with no extra charges. Never knew that, and always listed anything I ever had for sale to be shipped only to the lower 48 states. Now I know better.

• 5 months later...

Saludos! I'm also in Puerto Rico. :) My Limited Edge (with everything the SEL has along with retractable Sunroof, 20" wheels, Premium Sony sound system & speakers, Memory Card, Digital audio input, heated seats (yes in the Caribbean), Leather interior Cinnamon color, Phone controls on steering wheel) was $42,000.

I too went with safety as my main attraction on this purchase and the ride. I also test drove the Sport, but with the condition of the roads here the suspension was a lot bouncier than I wanted, so I opted for the Limited. I love this vehicle.