Howdy from Texas

tamugrad2013

Good evening everyone my name is Josh and I just graduated from Texas A&M University in May of 2013 and decided that it was time to upgrade from my 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo that I have had since i turned 16. Well I test drove various makes and models and was very fortunate to come across a 2012 Ford Edge Limited with the 2.0L Ecoboost engine. I hope to have many long years ahead of me with it. I look forward to a lot of the good information on this forum. It is mineral grey with the tan leather interior and has every option except the blindspot monitor and cross traffic alert (kinda would have liked that one) and the 20 inch wheels (glad i don't have that). I hope to keep on top of Ford Edge news and get to know other Edge owners and if need be figure out quirks of the car that I run into. Have a great night.

Welcome to the forum. My wife has been traveling back and forth for the last year between the Dallas area (our home) and Midland/Odessa. She has a client there that she has been helping implement some software. I've driven there 3 or 4 times and am always amazed at the high cost of living due to the oil fields and related jobs.

Hope you enjoy the Edge and if you have any questions, someone on the forum should be able to help. There is also a Ford service rep if you ever have any problems along that line.

Make sure to check this link for a recall on the 2012-2013 2.0 engine for certain build dates. It was a link posted by Haz in a different topic area dated 1/15/2014.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140115/AUTO0102/301150068

My wife is coming in again this Monday and staying at a Comfort Suites hotel for 4 nights. The room is costing the client $1225.00! She had been staying in one of 12 apartments the client "owns", but those are all filled this trip.

Welcome & congrats! :salute: for being a teacher. Definitely take the time to go through any TSB's/recalls for your Edge. The more you learn, the more you will enjoy it! This forum is a great resource as well, and now we have the ear of Ford customer service reps directly too :)

And, please do post some pics. Mineral Grey is a beautiful color.

Yeah I plan on getting some pictures up today. I love it so far. I am really happy that I was able to find an Ecoboost one because I had test drove three other ones two sports and one limited with the 3.5L V6 and I loved them as well but I couldn't get a car that didn't deliver at least the same gas mileage as my old car.