Hello All

Whiteknight08

Well First off I would like to say Hello, My name is Andrew, and my wife and I are going to be owners of an 08 Edge SEL. Just got married and have a house in the upstate NY area, so snow is a problem and wanted a nice affordable suv.

My wife was researching and forund some used SUVs. She showed me a couple of options but we both decided on the White Edge SEL with 52, 522 miles. Not bad for a used vehicle of that year. I mostly will be driving this beast while she sticks to her 05 mazda 6. Love the pick up in the Mazda 6 so when i read this had a 3.5L and 265hp i was thrilled!!!!!

I am coming from a 2002 civic which was a nice economical car, but needed more hp. Started modding it but decided to save up for a better vehicle. I would like to give this Edge some accessories but dont know where to start. I saw a youtube video with an 07 and had a magnaflow exhaust that caught my eye. He had a 3d front and rear vallance, some sort of tune, and a Steeda CAI w/ bigger TB. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5NxUbf35aw

So any ways, thats my sort story. thanks for looking and i hope to post pics some time in another buid thread

ps can some of you give me links to look at for

ECU Tunes

Electronic throttle control

Sort ram intakes

Roof rails

Running Boards

Exhausts

Steeda body kit

Welcome & congrats, both on the new Edge & your wedding :) Post some pix of your ride(s) :camera:

There's plenty of info all over this forum for electronic & exhaust modifications. I will point you to this thread I started as a launching point, but it is hardly all-inclusive:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12565-how-tos-powertrain-electronics-body-more/

Tuning is currently only by Unleashed Tuning (Torrie McPhail) that I know of. There are other, smaller/one-off tuners for sure, but Torrie is a well-established & respected tuner.

Unless you have a 3.7L (shared with the Mustang), no throttle body options to speak of. The Sprint Booster is the closest thing you can get to taking the ETC out of the equation, but a tune probably best option all-around.

There used to be a made-for-show-only turbo Edge, but when I asked them how much, they told me a minimum of $8,000 for the kit.

Exhaust systems are very personal, but Magnaflow is a good start (catback/Xpipe). Gibson has also been mentioned as a good sounding, cheaper alternative.

EGR makes some excellent running boards/visors for the Edge.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to buy them from Dan, and I even emailed him, but got no response. . If they dont work, then I am only out a few bucks, instead of 50.00 like DTBL listed them.

Next will be Tint the front two windows, and maybe a car starter.

or

Get some PD and do the front grill anthracite gray with a touch of clear.

Holy dick! I'm glad I looked at this thread! My name is Andrew and I also drive an '08 SEL... weird. ANYWAY

Congrats on the marriage and the car and welcome to the board!

Let me tell you, I spent $5 on LEDs for my front map lights... then spent $30 on Dan's rear lights... Drop the extra cash. lol

I've done my grille in black PD, and have my front windows tinted at 20% with 50% on the windshield and BAMR. Honestly, my first mod (after the subwoofer) was HIDs. God I hate the stock halogen lights we have. All my mods are listed in my sig. In addition, there are some running boards that can be found with some searching on the forum. K&N makes an intake kit, and Steeda may have one as well, although, there has been reports that they're quite loud on our vehicles. 3D Carbon is the only company that I'm aware of that make a body kit for our cars, except for the sport model pieces Ford has, both options I think look great. Hope you find what you're looking for on the forum; there's a lot of great help and advice lying around, too (use the google search function and not the forum one).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update;

Installed/replaced all map and dome lights to LED ones. Also the plate lights were interchange as well as reverse lights.

Today I installed my HID's. 5000K 35watt low beams from a reputable ebay seller. Orangemika, i have dealt with him with all my HID installs and have had no problems. 30 bucks for 2 bulbs and ultra slim ballasts, fast shipping too.

Will post pictures when it gets dark out.

Thanks for looking