New Edge owner

Mirage52

I bought a 2013 Edge SEL over the weekend. I'd been driving all the smaller SUV's (Escape, Sportage, CX5, Tuscon, etc...) and the Edge was priced cheaper than most of them so I went with it since I've always been a big fan of the Edge so I couldn't pass up the deal.

The only drawback is that the two they had left on the lot were FWD and no vista sunroof. Which isn't a total loss since my old car, a AWD Mercury Mariner had a bad rear differential and a leaky sunroof. So I wont have to worry about that anymore.

I was a big fan of the Escape City forums, so I look forward to being a part of the Edge community.

Thanks.

Sean from Maryland.

Edited by Mirage52

Welcome & congrats, fellow Marylander! I don't think you missed out by not having AWD, tho I got one because I wanted one enough :) From all reports, the FWD Edges do splendidly in all weather, assuming the wheels are properly dressed & enough common sense is applied! Plus you get to miss out on the remote possibility of having to have your PTU replaced or leaky seal fixed etc & no ugly driveshaft to (surface) rust. Now, the bonus is better mileage, AND if you wanted to put in a true dual exhaust, you have ample room!

AEM filters or Green filters are also well liked, if you want an alternative to K&N.

Pix please!!! :camera:

Thanks.

Here in MD we get some snow here and there but nothing that a FWD can't handle most times and I don't go offroading, so as I was approaching my new car buying experience I said that I wouldn't make AWD a mandatory feature. I probably would have taken the BAMR over that too!

My Mariner had some problems with the PTU, was leaking lots of fluids...so no worry about that now.

Just curious, how hard/easy are these to work on yourself? Like changing the oil, fuel filter, brakes, filters, etc?

I got pretty handy with my Mariner, and since this is a Ford I am hoping things will be pretty straightforward again.