2007 Edge AWD SEL 18" Nokian WRG2 Tires

f0rd3dg3

Hello,

I have the P245/60/R18 tires on my Edge 2007 AWD SEL. The Nokian WRG2 tires do not come in the P245 so wondering if I can keep my original rims and go to P255/60/R18? My options are:

225/55R18
235/55R18
235/60R18
255/55R18
255/60R18
265/60R18
I also open to any recommendations on any All Season tires that will work as good as the Nokian WRG2.
Any help would be much appreciated.

If you are after the best winter tyre for your Edge, here it is Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 SUV if available in Canada.

http://www.nokiantyres.com/tyre?id=16898448&group=2.01&name=Nokian+Hakkapeliitta+7+SUV

I had Toyo winter tyres on my edge from new in Quebec for 3 winters and two winters now in Finland. They were OK but just changed to the Nokian's and what a difference. Vehicle went from big understeer in the corners which, would eventually be corrected by the stability control (but not before a brown trouser job!) and now with the Nokian's, its like its on rails with a light oversteer feel which, is much more fun!

Down side is that I am using more fuel as I am feeling confident to use power peddle a lot more!

By the way, we are on snow and ice up here from October to May and no salt.......

• Like 1

Its going great (touch wood) and its the only one up here and even though it nearly six years old, it still turns heads as most people have never seen one before.

I was looking to change it but a new edge import from the US would cost me the cost of the vehicle plus the import tax, which here in Finland will be 35% to 45% of the value of the vehicle. That's not the actual value but what they think it value in Finland would be and based on that they valued my Edge when I return in 2011 (3 year old Edge then) at 45,000€ ($58,000), I would be paying for the vehicle twice.

Alternative is a Ford Escape (called Kuga here) but only auto gas version is the 1.6, alternative is the diesel but neither compare to my Edge so I will just keep it. 1.70€ per litre of gas hurts a little, YES! that $8 per gallon

• Like 1