New happy Edge owner

gatorskye

Just wanted to say thanks to all who contribute to the forum. I have been looking at the Edge for a few months and lurking here in the mean time. I finally bought a 2012 Edge SEL and am very happy. Thanks to the knowledge shared here, I have upgraded the interior lights to LED (puddles next O_o) and ordered the Morimoto HID kit 35w 5k, which came in today. A quick question, is it normal for the HIDs to "flicker" for the first 30 seconds or so? It stabilizes and doesn't do it after initial turn on. My Navigator had HIDs and never noticed them doing it. I did receive one bad ballast, but they are expediting a new one to me, these things happen...

Wanted to say thanks once again for sharing your knowledge and extra thanks to Dan Smith and a few others who have taken the time to make videos for us "non-mechanical" types!

Thanks for the welcome! It's a tuxedo black SEL and I got a great deal on it, very satisfied with everything so far. I ordered the 3M gloss black metallic for the grill, but think I'm going to leave the top chrome strip, but will decide after the rest is done. Thinking it may be to black without a little accent, Probably get some aftermarket rims, black/polish combo, although all black does look appealing. Installing reverse light LEDs tomorrow. Got the windows tinted and can't see anything behind me currently.

My favorite thing so far is the gas mileage!!! Avg 23.5mpg mixed driving 40% city 60% highway (compared to 14mpg on the navi). Love the instant econ, really helps improve my driving habits. Although it is fun to step on the gas occasionally ;)

Considering adding the SCT tuner and cold air intake, but my gut feeling says I will not gain the returns that I've read and heard about. For me it would only be for gas mpg increase, I travel for work (25k+ mi/yr). But, the sound is intriguing to me.

Thanks again for the welcome!