New Edge owner

Woodster

Hello, new to this forum. I recently bought a 2007 Edge AWD. I have a few questions that i hope someone can help me with. First i am going to be purchasing new tires, and want to go bigger, in size. 245's or 265's. I hate the stock little 235's. I should also mention, EVERY vehicle we own is no where near stock. ANYONE can go buy a vehicle and have the same as everyone else, i however don't fit that catigory. I would like to know if anyone has ever attempted to lift an Edge? Maybe only 2-3 inches. I was looking under it and wondered if i could do a small body lift or somehow modify the coil springs. Maybe with a new bucket that would move the springs down to gain me more clearance.I know i will get some flack about this, but i would like to know about this. I lifted my GMC 2500HD with a 6'' suspension lift, and would like to have a tougher looking Edge. I don't like the stock "soccer mom " look. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Jeff aka Woodster

Welcome & congrats, Woodster! Let's see those pix :camera:

I don't think I have seen anyone (at least recently) raise their Edge or even talk about raising their Edge. An air suspension may be the way to go, people HAVE installed those, but my guess would be you would be a "pioneer" in this area. Something like this may work http://www.carid.com/2007-ford-edge-suspension-systems/readylift-lift-kit-3088337.html or http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/61A3002A0A0.aspx.

Do you have the 18" stockers?