What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

1 hour ago, lildisco said:

It says Mercon V/LV on the jugs, but are you saying that they didn't actually do the testing to say that? 

Their product information sheet states it is not an OEM licensed product, and that no vehicle manufacturer has tested, evaluated, or endorses the product.

https://sharena21.springcm.com/Public/Document/18452/9e447451-fe75-e711-9c10-ac162d889bd3/5ca3517a-e29c-e711-9c10-ac162d889bd3

They do not have an OEM licensed product for Mercon LV (or ULV) but do for Mercon V. Plenty of companies license it, but rarely is it included with a broad "one fluid for all" cover all specs fluid.

• Like 1

What's an aftermarket OEM licensed product? I don't see many manufacturers endorsing another product than OEM, unless it's made by a different company, like Mobil1 & then rebranded as OEM. 

If you think that I'm arguing with you, I'm not. I'm genuinely curious. 

Edited by lildisco

50 minutes ago, lildisco said:

What's an aftermarket OEM licensed product? I don't see many manufacturers endorsing another product than OEM, unless it's made by a different company, like Mobil1 & then rebranded as OEM. 

If you think that I'm arguing with you, I'm not. I'm genuinely curious. 

That other brand mentioned, Kendall VersaTrans LV, is an aftermarket fluid that is Ford OEM Approved (licensed), lists the license numbers and everything. 

VersaTrans LV ATF is OEM-approved for service fill in applications where the OEM specifies:

• Ford MERCON LV (License Nos. MLV140201, MLV140202, MLV140203)

https://kendallmotoroil.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Versatrans-LV-ATF.pdf

• Like 1

Definitely a large difference between the two. 

Mercon V
Recommended by Ford for use in Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles that require Mercon V or Mercon type fluid. It can also be used in most pre-2006 GM vehicles and many imports.

Mercon LV
Stands for "low viscosity" and is fully synthetic. It has excellent low temperature properties and shifting characteristics at high and low temperatures. It's also backwards compatible with previous generation Dexron fluids. However, Mercon LV is not compatible with earlier Mercon fluids, such as Mercon V, and should not be mixed with them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We did our yearly service on the Ceramic coating at Sparkle and Shine

McKinney Texas. It looks better than it did when we bought it last year!

Trey does GREAT detail work and I mean DETAIL down to the tiniest nooks!

I even got great marks for NOT leaving marks during this past year!

As crippled as I am, it takes about 30 minutes to wash and dry the "Black Momba".

(Yes I know it is spelled with an A but, it my wife's pride and joy!)

On 3/17/2024 at 12:21 PM, lildisco said:

3 times drain & fill on our 2016 SEL Fwd 2.0 w/ 69,083 miles. 2nd time we've done it on the 2016. Got anywhere between 4 & 4.5 quarts out each time. This time we used Valvoline Maxlife instead of OEM 🤞

How many miles have you got on the MAXLife and still feel good?

I've contemplated using this when I did my second drain/fill at 102K miles.

There loads of good reviews spread across many brands forums, but mixed opinions on this forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1004ron said:

How many miles have you got on the MAXLife and still feel good?

I've contemplated using this when I did my second drain/fill at 102K miles.

There loads of good reviews spread across many brands forums, but mixed opinions on this forum.

It's sitting ~74,5xx currently, so  ~5,500 miles. Shifting seems to be the same, if not a little smother. I don't have any complaints yet. I'd like to see what color it is after another 20k & possibly get an analysis, but that's going to take awhile. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2024 at 10:01 PM, enigma-2 said:

Stuck my French "Air Quality Control Certificate" in the windscreen.

Did you need to have the car pollution tested to get the certificate?

No, you just need to fill out an online form and pay the €3.72 fee and they post it to you.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 12:42 PM, niceonept said:

No, you just need to fill out an online form and pay the €3.72 fee and they post it to you.

Enclosed please find a picture of my car and a check for €3.72. Please send me an air Quality Control  sticker. 

image.png.cd4d020430e4b5bdaefac5c6cc632b26.png

• Haha 1