Hey gang..! New MN Egde owner here!

unxpctd

Hello fellow Edge owners! New owner from Minnesota here....

About 10 days ago I purchased my first new vehicle in 15 years. A 2013 Ford Edge Limited. My last new vehicle was a 1997 Taurus SHO...owned 3 of them through the years. In 2004 I purchased an '04 Mercury Marauder with 6K on the odometer and later had it supercharged, 500+ horsepower. I still own it...mint condition with 43,740 on the clock. Recently though I have been wanting to start traveling more (long trips) and the S/C beast wasn't the answer. I looked into many different vehicles...Kia Optima, Ford Fusion, VW's....few others. I was on the "edge" and not sure. I was really stuck on a new Ford Fusion Titanium model with the extras. Online I had it figured out....mileage...comfort....seemed to be what I wanted.

Then I test drove an Edge. I was hooked...

I love cars...but there was something about sitting up a bit higher than caught me. I'm 6'6" and about 270lbs....so a big guy. Getting out of a car isn't just getting out...its out and "up".....the Edge allows me to just get out. Hope that makes sense....its so much more comfortable. The panoramic moonroof not only caught my eye but dropped my jaw compared to the moonroof in my Marauder or cars such as the 2014 Fusion I looked at. Yeah...why get a car with a simple moonroof when I can have something that opens this wide!!! The panoramic roof is amazing....

I used the forum here and many other online links to research. I had it figured out and wanted a 2013 Edge...I was just rough on extras...wanted the roof....could have passed on the 20's...18's would have been ok but wanted the upgraded sound system. I was really 50/50 on the navigation...read some iffy stuff on the My Touch but I was willing to take a chance. I was also a bit 50/50 on the V6 vs. the 2.0 Ecoboost. With the long trips I'm planning I decided on the Ecoboost. If I had gone with the V6 I would have gone with the AWD...in my personal opinion..no reason for the V6 unless you get the AWD...just me :) ...but with that your mileage drops...so with the trips I'm planning the Ecoboost was the way to go.

I stopped into my local dealer about 2 weeks ago and they had just gotten in a 2013 Mineral Gray Limited with the 2.0 .... took it for a drive and it was one of those "yeah..this is it" moments. We've all been there :)

As soon as I drove it I knew the Fusion wasn't the answer... too low and the seats kept me too tight..needed some room (due to my size). The Edge was the vehicle. The one I test drove, and bought, had the 20"s and the Navigation and the sound system I wanted...along with the drool worthy panoramic roof (sorry..this thing still amazes me).

I paid through the nose...so to speak...as I had no trade-in (keeping my paid for Marauder in the garage)...but It came out to like $35,000...but added 2 years ESP...so 5/60,000 total bumper to bumper.

I haven't had a car payment since 2008 or so...but I refinanced the house recently to save a bit and this actually hits me total new car/house for about $150 a month extra compared to what I was paying for the house...it all works out :)

Picked it up Monday...last week and got the plates today... regular at the moment ( can't think of any cool personalized plates :) ) My Marauder has a good one...love personalized plates.

2013 Ford Ege Limited

Mineral Gray

Panoramic Roof

Navigation / Sony Sound

20's on the tar

2.0 Ecoboost...K-N filter installed at 280 miles...still a motorhead at heart :)

Window tint coming for front windows..

I put on a set of window visors...look great.

I'm 45 years old ( on Saturday ) and am 20 years into a 30 year career. I'm going to start traveling.....! and I love driving..so this was the time...

Planned driving trips:

2014: National Park Tour: Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Teton

2015: National Park Tour: Crater Lake, Yosemite, Grand Canyon

The Edge is the vehicle. Its so comfortable...and I can't wait to get it on the road with the cruise on!!

Former Cars:

1993, 1997, 1999 Taurus SHO's

1984 Mustang GT, 63K Original miles, sold June 2013

Current:

2004 Mercury Marauder, S/C, 500hp, garaged

2013 Ford Edge Limited

Thanks for reading!

Mark

Welcome & congrats on a most excellent choice of vehicles/options/color :) Former 92/95 SHO owner here :rockon: I too love the ease of access in the Edge. My mom can't get into something as tall as a Honda Pilot without a stepstool, but gets in just fine into the Edge! That Marauder sounds like a beast! Got any track time on it? Post some pics of both of 'em when you get a chance. Ford Edge of the Month Round 1 is still open (links on top of the page).