Hello from southern CA

X2E

Hello to all! I've recently found this forum and am looking forward to sharing my Edge experience with you all.

I've been lurking for a while now, and currently own a 2013 Edge Sport. I am interested in performance and audio upgrades. I was competing as a member of the IASCA audio competition circuit for many years, and even Ford's best audio offering has been a huge disappointment for me.

I have basically gutted the entire factory audio system (which I have hated from day one) save for the Sync and Touch systems already in place... putting something around 2000 watts of Audison amps accompanied by Dynaudio and JL drivers in it's place.

If anyone here has any additional tips on making great audio in the Edge, I'm all ears!

Welcome! Performance upgrades so far mostly exhaust (catback), springs, brake rotors/pads, a tune, maybe a cold air intake. More options for the engine if you have a 3.7L (since it is shared with the Mustang), and coming up if you have the EB engine (tunewise). Body kits, nothing people have really liked so far, most interest has been in mud flaps and side skirts. Electronically is where the door is WIDE open: audio/video, lighting, etc.

Have you had a chance to drive the Lincoln MKX and compare audio systems with the Edge? If so, impressions?

Post some pics of your Edge, and your work in progress :)

Well, I knew it wouldn't take long... I'm off on travel again next week. I'll take this opportunity to drop of my ride at the audio shop for a leisurely week of building and fitting my new sub enclosure which will hold 4 10" JLs, replacing the single 10" stealthbox (which will be up for sale, by the way). I'll probably spend a couple hours or so the following Saturday with the RTA and a laptop re-tuning the response curve, but I love that stuff...