New '13 Edge Owner from NC

Monarchs14

Hi to everyone on the forum! My wife and I owned a 2011 Ford Escape LTD for about a year before she was the victim of a car accident about a month ago (she is okay aside from some minor injuries). The Escape was totaled and we purchased a 2013 Ford Edge SEL (FWD) from a dealership in Cary, NC about a week ago. The dealership apparently has the largest indoor showroom in the country (over 3 acres), and they had something like 35 Edges for sale when we went there.

Our Edge is FWD, and we have no desire for AWD anyway since we do not live in a cold weather state and do not have the need for AWD where we live. Also, I have read (on here and elsewhere) about some issues with MFT, so part of me is happy that our Edge doesn't have it. Besides the MFT and AWD aspects, our Edge really isn't much different from the LTD, and actually seems to have some options that are not standard for the LTD.

Our 2013 Edge SEL has the 3.5L V6, is 'deep impact blue metallic', and has the following upgrades / options: power heated mirrors, reverse sensing system, keyless entry, rear view camera, leather comfort package w/ black heated leather seats, 18" chrome clad wheels (they look SO sweet), ambient lighting, class 2 trailer towing package, power lift gate, and panoramic vista roof.

A question for my fellow Edge owners: do you know if its rare for an SEL to have all the above options? I looked at over 30 Edges at the dealership and even searched online and could not find any SELs that have close to as many options as ours has. The best part is that our Edge is almost literally brand new; it has a whopping 17 miles on it!! We took it for a test drive and fell in love with it. I was hesitant at first to check out the specific Edge we bought since its an SEL and I wasn't convinced it would be as nice as a LTD model, but boy was I wrong!

I look forward to getting anyone's insight about the options in our SEL, and also look forward to talking about everything Edge with the others on the site!