New to me 11' Edge SE

MFdad13

I recently traded in my 03 Audi A4 with 90k miles for a high mileage 11' Edge. I hadn't owned the A4 very long but could tell it was going to have problems start creeping up because of mileage. We took the plunge and negative equity and decided to change up to the Edge.

I just love the styling of the 11' and up Edge. I would have loved a Sport model but my are those expensive. Ours is silver with the two toned interior(light seats/dark dash and door panels) I plan on giving it a good polish this Saturday with some Sonax Perfect Finish to bring some life back to the paint and then apply a layer of CQUK to seal it up really well from the elements.

I have already been searching this forum for ideas on upgrades. Our first will be to tint the whole thing with 20%. I really love the look of the vertical DTRL's so I will be scouring the internet for the best price on those. If my Edge doesn't have but the black inserts is the install complicated?

Looking forward to learning a lot about what the Edge can do for us.

Matt

Welcome & congrats, Matt. You now have a wee bit more room in your ride :) Are you a professional detailer by any chance?

As far as upgrades, a recent thread discussed just that http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12794-new-edge-what-do-i-need-to-do-first/

You can lower the Edge with H&R springs, get bigger wheels (the 22s from '11-'13 models), change out the exhaust (Magnaflow most commonly swapped in).

This is just for starters.

Looking forward to pics in the near future!

Not a professional detailer, more of an extreme hobbiest. I am on many of the detailing forums with screen names mrclrider/mrgolfrider.

I cannot imagine lowering this Edge, interesting idea though. I think the wife likes sitting up a little too much.

I was surprised the stock exhaust had the sound that it did.

What is everyone using for all weather floormats? I'm thinking of the molded type that have carpet also. I'm afraid the all plastic type would be too slippery for my wife.

Ah yes, I have seen your posts on L2D, welcome again!

I too like the stock height of the Edge, especially for maintenance work without needing ramps/jackstands :hyper:

Weathertech is a popular option, as are Husky products. I use Weathertech year-round, and they have served me well. Have not been too slippery at all. Mom has been OK with them as well, and she's well into senior status :)

An idea that just came to mind was to spray PlastiDip onto these Mats to provide grip, maybe someone else can chime in on that/durability for that purpose.