Greetings!

Ehans

Thought I would start here. A little over a month ago I picked up my first car, happy to say it was a Ford Edge. I was able to snag a 2011 Edge limited AWD. It had been a corporate lease with 35K. Its loaded, and its awesome. I have no complaints, except that my sync system has shut down 3 times all due to trying to make a call. (since then I have deleted my phone and reconnected and I have had no trouble since.) I am coming from driving my fathers 2004 VW toureg (v8 awd). What a change, a V8 is the power I enjoy, however economically a V6 is great and I have not been too hindered with my speed, acceleration and driving abilities. My main reason for this post is to ask about a few changes I have thought of, if you have any thoughts/comments/suggestions/links I would appreciate it!

Looking at a few things.

-Would love to upgrade the exhaust I have nice chrome tips (2) I want to keep, but a deeper growl would be nice, looking for an easy self install

-Thinking about tail lights, are there good locations to get the black accented sport tail lights. No smoked due to lower visibility. Also thoughts on if those darker accents look good? (my edge is silver)

-Installing maybe a 10" sub? has anyone done this, does it affect the current sony system?

-Are there any legitimate console inserts to split up that cargo-hold of a space between the 2 front seats?!? Great space but no organization!

-also looking for sports decals for the car, Mainly Chicago sports teams GO HAWKS!!! :yahoo: Any place to find/make them looking at maybe 2x2 size?

I know this is alot, any help is greatly appreciated, even on 1 of the above.

==Erik

First: Welcome! This is a great place and the most helpful forum I've participated in. This place is loaded with great, knowledgeable people. Now to your concerns:

-There's a few guy on here incorporating whole Magnaflow exhaust systems or just the mufflers they offer. You could check those out.

-The black accented taillights are for the first gen edges, but you can swap them out easily. I believe the wiring's a little different, but a few people have done it.

-I have a 15" sub, but I also have the first gen edge. It's definitely doable in the second gen, though. If I were you, I'd probably remove the stock sub and use the rcas for the stock amp for your aftermarket one. It will also create a unique, hidden mounting location for your amp.

-Since I have a first gen, I have a floating organizer that has two spots for things that are about a credit card size.

-As for the sports teams... congrats on your blackhawks! I'm also a Cubs fan, yeah?!

Hope you love the car as much as I do.