2009 Edge SEL

So I just bought my wife an '09 SEL.

Figured I would log in here and get some tips, as I am a heavy modder.

Just some background, Im a Chev guy, always have been. The Edge was just the best vehicle available when we started looking. So far, been really impressed with it. Ford seems to really be doing their homework.

So, Black 09, going to need a few tips. Done a little searching already, but couldnt find some answers.

Audio- Installing Infinity's all around. Keep the stock unit as the wife likes the built in 6 disc. But, I need to hide a 10" sub somewhere.

Exterior- Going to be blacking it out. Anyone have some good ideas on nice grilles that can be powder coated?

Rims- Those stock salad spinners have to go. Will have to check out some members pictures for some ideas.

Brakes- Probably my biggest issue. They suck. So if anyone here has upgraded, please let me know.

Engine/Tranny- This trans feels similar to an old slushbox. The TC seems finicky and while the shifts are smooth, they can also feel slow under load. Different oil perhaps? And is there any sort of tuning for the engine? Will be doing the exhaust shortly, so wouldnt mind tweaking

the engine for a little more power. Unless of course bad things happen.

Suspension- Not sure here. Wouldnt mind a little more reactive ride. Again, any tips?

That my intro, I look forward to learning a lot here and personalizing my the wifes :play: ride.

Welcome to the forum. I owned a 2008 prior to my 2011 and could tell you what I learned from that.

Audio- Installing Infinity's all around. Keep the stock unit as the wife likes the built in 6 disc. But, I need to hide a 10" sub somewhere.

The easiest thing to do is get the JL Audio Stealthbox that can be hidden in the sides of the hatch area, a decent amp, and OEM integration since you want to keep the stock head unit.

Exterior- Going to be blacking it out. Anyone have some good ideas on nice grilles that can be powder coated?

Plasti-Dip is the going trend around these parts. Best person to talk about that would be Cellbine.

Rims- Those stock salad spinners have to go. Will have to check out some members pictures for some ideas.

Definitely a wise idea. Just make sure it is something you both agree on. Case in point, my wife likes the wheels I want to put on our 2011 which would be these: http://www.mrrwheels.com/gt1.html

Brakes- Probably my biggest issue. They suck. So if anyone here has upgraded, please let me know.

The only BBK for the Edge that I know of is by Steeda and it's not cheap.

Engine/Tranny- This trans feels similar to an old slushbox. The TC seems finicky and while the shifts are smooth, they can also feel slow under load. Different oil perhaps? And is there any sort of tuning for the engine? Will be doing the exhaust shortly, so wouldnt mind tweaking the engine for a little more power. Unless of course bad things happen.

Steeda also makes a program to up the HP that can be applied by a SCT Tuner. You may also want to ensure that the trans has the latest updates.

Suspension- Not sure here. Wouldnt mind a little more reactive ride. Again, any tips?

Many people get H&R Springs to lower the Edge. However, I am more interested in the rear sway bar and Strut Tower brace.

• Like 1